Any Digital SLR Users Out There?

• dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Was wondering if anyone has made the switch to a digital SLR camera for their outdoor photograghy and what camera they chose? I’ve always had a interest in photograghy and I’m thinking of taking the leap. A guy could obviously spent thousands and thousands on lenses. I have researched the Cannon Digital Rebel and the Nikon D50. Anyone have any experience with these cameras? How about Pelican Cases? Any thoughts would be appreciated?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I made the switch and love it. I got the Olympus 300 from Dell for $500. Last year it was $1000. The Rebel and Nikon are good cameras. I researched all three and went with the Olympus because of price.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’m dying to get one. I have buddies with them … one has the D50 and one has the Rebel. I’ve used both and would be happy with either. Ease of use and photo quality is outstanding. I can’t say I have enough experience with them to have a preference. Based on my research and on talking ot them, I understand that the lens is what makes the difference so make sure you get a good one to go with whichever body you choose.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

They all come with a good zoom lens. I hope to upgrade to a better zoom someday. But ya, ching, ching is right.. My Olympus came with a 14-45mm and it has the dust cleaning feature which I guess is good.. This camera is also very simple to use. Print photos come out crystal clear with excellent resolution.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I bought my wife a canon digital rebel for Christmas two years ago. It is a great camera.

We added a Tamron 70-300 tele-macro lens.

It lets us shoot great photos and very user friendly.

A great source of info is Rivereyes from the site, PM him as he helped me a few times.

I do not carry this in the boat though, for that I use a Canon powershot A70.

Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.