On Board Charger Question…..What to buy ?

• troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

My Motorguide charger died and Im going to purchase a new one soon. It was 6 amps per bank and worked OK. Is it worth the extra $$$$ to go to 10 amp banks ? I usually have enough time to charge batteries back up over night , with the major problem being Canada. We usually fish late and start early. Thanks for the help.

Don Hanson

Check out a model like the Guest 2620. A 2 bank system that can be used either for 12 or 24 volt system. 5 hour recovery time with full-time maintence.
    You can find some good information on Guest models at www. marinco.com

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I had a Guest but it was a little small but gave good service. I now have a Dual-Pro 2 bank 10 amp each and it has worked flawlessly.

mcwalleye
    Mississippi Pool 16

I’ve had two Guests and both have malfunctioned, but their service is great.

Jeff

Jigmaster
    Superior,Wis

Had an Quest only lasted 2 years. Went to Interstate battery to buy another Quest was told they dont want to sell them anymore because after alot of battery testing they only charge them about 80%.They said to buy only ProMariner Pro Tournment series. Had mine a couple of months works great but not cheap.Better than buying batteries.
    Jigmaster

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

10 amps would get it done a little faster for you but may not be worth if it you don’t need to get back on the water quickly. 5 or 6 amps to each battery may be enough for your needs. Take a look at the Minn Kota MK 210 or MK 220 battery charger. They’ve got a nice little rebate going right now and they carry a three year warranty.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I agree with the Minn-kota chargers. The Pro Mariner is a hot charger meaning it charges fast which shortens battery life..

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

Thanks……..I was hoping for some good words for the Minn Kota. I figured it was a good one , but wanted some feedback.

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

Thanks Wade………I ordered it a minute ago !!!!!!Kent

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

And thank you!

jeff6771

I have a minnkota 2 bank i want to sell i bought a new boat with one in so it’s sitting on a shelf in the garage.

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

Wade……The Minn Kota arrived already !!!!!! Speedy service to say the least. Thanks. …..now if I didnt have to work I could go try it out

veamer
    Kekoskee, WI

JDM—Check your pm’s
    Thanks

jeff6771

if you want info on the charger call me at 952-212-6772

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wade……The Minn Kota arrived already !!!!!! Speedy service to say the least. Thanks. …..now if I didnt have to work I could go try it out

Excellent! And thank you too!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

FYI Wade ~

The MinnKota 330 that I bought from you is working great! The best purchase I’ve made since the X-19!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Brian,
    I thought you already had the 2006 Jolly Ann poster child position secured?

dave

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Brian, That’s good to hear! I like the 3 year warranty on those MKs. Tough to beat. So far, our customers have had good luck with the MK series charges. Thanks for the feedback.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I thought you already had the 2006 Jolly Ann poster child position secured?

It appears to be challenged by Lip Rippers girl friend…

I just had this thought….Rob? Is that really your girl friend? With your handle in mind, I kinda thought your girl friend would have a few band-aids around her mouth?

Bob Bowman
    MN

I have the Minnkota 210 and it is a great unit. Never a problem with it

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.