Editing/Deleting Attachments?

• SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

While still in the 1 hour edit window, how does one delete an attachment? Hitting the “edit” doesn’t appear to reveal and access or code to attachments.

P.S. can a moderator open a post for edit once the 1 hour window closes?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yes Dave, a moderator can delete just the attachment.

I don’t believe there is a way for a member to delete one. This wasn’t really a problem in the past but now with the cell phones taking photos sideways…it’s certainly on my short wish list. ;)

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

How about trusting us to manage our posts and not locking us out?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I maybe mistaken but I believe that is the way the package came as apposed to a choice by the Ido management.

Sure would save me time and effort logging into another account, deleting a attachment and then re logging into my own. )

But either way, she is what she is.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I thought that Dave mentioned at one time that it was a setting? Sometimes I haven’t had my second cup of coffee and would love to go back and edit some text after I’m awake. It is inconvenient. Regarding the pictures, when my hosting site takes a regular crash, my pictures will occasionally go to the box with “X” and that gets to be a bummer. When you log into my account, can you reset to a temporary edit time again?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Not sure about the edit time but if you use the upload system on Ido they will stay put.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

As far as image deletion goes I am not aware of any options with the current software which is just another plugin giving the forum plugin some standard functionality that should have been there to start with.

I just upped the post edit time to 1440 minutes (1 day). The new code base will not put a limit on editing time but will store revisions that can be reviewed if needed. This helps with the old adage “If you don’t have anything good to say then don’t say anything”.

Back to the images, everything that is being attached to the forums along with those added to the community gallery will be placed into a user specific gallery under their profile. The oldest topic in the current database is from May 17th, 2001 Hello all fellow catfishermen…. Any attachments added since then will also be included in the user’s gallery. Images shared in forum posts will simply reference those in the user’s gallery.

Oh, and before I forget, the code for correcting the image orientation took about 10 lines (compact) in the new code base. This will only work with jpeg images that have their EXIF headers still present though.

I’d post more items to the IDO classifieds if you could edit the info and remove images anytime. Currently the classifieds are a pain to use.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

The classifieds are a pain for me too but not to often. Every now and then we get users that register, post their one item for sale, mark our email as spam and head out on their merry way. flame

As far as editing your classified ad that would go hand in hand with storing the revisions. You’ll be able to change them but others can see what your previous versions were.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

applause And a Happy New Year to you as well Mr. Lozier!! toast < Spotted Cow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.