Devil's Lake ND Trip Day one

• Jordan Weiler

Traveled to Devil’s Lake North Dakota from Central Wisconsin with the group of guys I work with. We stayed at Woodland Resort and hooked up with Mitchell’s Guide Service. The first day I had Steve Dahl aka Zippy as my guide and he was excellent!

The fishing conditions were a bit tough but we managed to get our limit of walleye and one giant pike trolling bottom bouncers with spinners and crawlers.

Stay tuned for footage from the second day where Legendary Walleye Tournament angler Pete Harsh is my guide!

I would highly recommend Mitchell’s Guide Service and Woodland Resort.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Nice work on the video. Looks fun. I look forward to video from the second day.

Jordan Weiler

Thanks! It was a lot of fun. I bass fish 95% of the time so it was a good change up and definitely learned a few things. Really not much to it what we were doing, but it takes a lot of skill with what our guide Zippy was doing running the trolling motors. He had one in the front and one in the back and was running them both trying to keep us on a certain depth and right on the weedline. Never thought we would be catching walleyes in 5-6 FOW that time of day.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Yeah, it is hard to get used to fishing in 5-6 FOW in the middle of a sunny day. Yeah, boat control is a huge part of the puzzle. Boat control gets a lot more difficult when it is blowing 20mph, like it often is out there. A lot of times the fish really relate to the side of the lake the wind is blowing into.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

LOVE Woodland resort. Fished with Zippy before as well. Great guide, great resort, and GREAT lake.

Jordan Weiler

Absolutely! Working on editing the second day, mostly just trolled with crankbaits and caught 9-10 good eaters if I remember correctly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.