Devils lake ice house rentals

• Cyclone41

Had our NC Minnesota trip cancel due to the ice conditions. Any recommendations on rentals at Devils ? Never been

MX1825

Never been there on ice but from what I have been told you need to move, move, move. Run and gun for the best fishing.

Brittman

Search IDO forum … this one was discussed earlier in December.

slough

Ice there isn’t great either. I’m sure the guides are getting people out as much as possible though.

Nodakk

Stay at Woodland resort and fish with Perch Patrol. You won’t be disappointed. However if you rent a day house that you drive your vehicle to, you will be disappointed

bigstorm
    Southern WI

you can be disappointed by the fishing with any guide service, or happy with a drive to fish house out there. Speaking from experience out there and with Woodland/Perch Patrol. I have done it. It really comes down to the how the bite is. When the bite is off, its off.

One of my best ice trips was 1 day with the Perch Patrol and the next day with a fish house thru Woodland. We did great both days.

Went back a couple years later for a March per trip with Perch Patrol for 2 days. The bite was off everywhere, we spent most of the time walleye fishing to get a few. I dont blame them as we moved around, it was just an off bite

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

As others have said, it’s a tough lake to sit in an ice house. Most of the fish are roaming in school on Devils, so following them or learning their patterns is what you need to do. You can either work your tail off chasing them around or figure out where they cycle through every hour or so.

I’ve had great days out there and I’ve had skunked days out there. I’ve had a buddy that’s gone there two years in a row and sat in an ice house for a weekend each time and has one dink walleye and a small perch to show for it. Not the resort’s fault, its just the way the lake fishes.

Cyclone41

Appreciate all the info. Good to know about the running and gunning. Everyone is booked up everywhere. Might be SOL with the warm temps trying to get another place booked.

Brittman

People have money to burn and few places to burn it right now. Those with ice have to be sold out. Unless you call after a cancelation, odds are pretty slim …

I also see many places are canceling their current reservations, I would assume those people have first dibs on remaining dates and even the next “start” date is based on some colder weather setting in.

Cyclone41

Yeah many have canceled. Idk how many places I called. Had to be 20 and they are holding off or booked up. Tough year. Here in Iowa I’m not sure if we will get on ice in January.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.