Opener

• walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Fist a quick comment about the look of the IDA site. At fist I was a little overwhelmed, but after seaching around, it is very user friendly.

We lost some of the post history from the DL area site. Also note that Big Detroit, Big Pine will also be commented on this forum as they are DL area lakes. Enough about that.

The bite reports were as scattered as the fish. Pelican and Walker seemed to produce the best numbers of quality eaters in the 14-19″ range. Big Pine had a small fish bite going. Ottertail was tough on Sat, better on Sun with fish on the mid-lake and as deep as 36ft. I was on Cotton for 4hrs and we had a 16 and 18″ , lost 2 others. Very lite bite. Fish we did get were in 25ft of water. I had a wedding and graduations on Sat aft and Sun aft., so not as much time on the water, or a chance to jump lakes like I usually do. Hope others post some reports.

We had lots of wind that made Sat afternoon tough. Rain started Sunday afternoon and has contiued all thru the night and into Mon morning. Water temps are at 52 degrees.The bite will steadily improve over the next couple of weeks.

rocketman

Brad,
    I found some of our posts in the “Ottertail Lake” forum.
    No big deal, just thought I’d mention it.
    What do you think of Shell Lake for Mem weekend? A couple of my friends are coming up for our annual Mem weekend, we usually do Big Pine, but things have changed (places to stay) and we thought we’d give Shell a shot. But we are willing to listen to ideas….

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

The great aspect of being at Shell is that you can be on Island or Big Toad in 5 min. One of them is usually going. Shell is a shallow basin lake and holds quality fish of many species. The eye’s relate to weeds and pockets in the weeds. If you are a good weed fisherman you can have some good success. It is much like fishing Tamarac (that is going also) or Height of Land (going also).I don’t like taking most customers due to their inexperiance with fishing the slop. Otter Tail is going great and Pine was great to the anglers last Sat, but tough on Sun.With the other lakes so close, don’t waste to much time on Shell if they aren’t going….bring lots of bait for the hammerhandle northerns!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.