Wasson Lake, Itasca Co. help needed

• slab-hunter
    Participant
    Red Wing, MN

Guys, I am invited (and leaving) Friday a.m. for Wasson Lake in Itasca county near the city of Big Fork. Never been there before. I’m a decent walleye guy on P4 but the lake thing is different. Not looking for favorite spots but basic presentation ideas.
    Anyone have info to share?

Donnie

d-train
    Participant

Are you staying at Loon Point there? I stayed there for many consecutive years growing up back when it was known as Kenadian Acres. We caught mostly bass and pike and from what I remember action was fairly steady. I don’t recall any trophy pike. Fishing from a canoe and no depth finder we’d mostly fish shoreline structure with crankbaits and spinnerbaits. If you have kids there was no shortage of sunfish to be caught from the docks. We used to fish an unnamed lake nearby, more like a pond, that an old timer that lived there let us launch our canoes from his property on. It was a great bass pond both for size and numbers. Ahhh memories… Good luck!

slab-hunter
    Participant
    Red Wing, MN

No, I’m actually staying at a friends place. He chases the walleye bite and does fairly well. I’ll follow your suggestions for the pike.
    Thanks for the pointers!
    Donnie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.