Detroit Lakes Area Walleye Report 6/29

• loren_keizer

Well I headed out this morning before work to see if I could get some walleyes into the boat. I headed out with my buddy, David, and we were on the water at 4:30am.

We headed out, ready to pull spinners and crawlers. Conditions were flat calm, as they have been much of today. We chose to work the deeper edges of some midlake structure focusing our efforts on 24-28 fow.

We put our first crawlers on with our headlamps but it wasn’t long and we started to have some sunlight. Ten to fifteen minutes in and I had our first fish hooked up and into the boat. A nice 15″ walleye that went into the livewell.

For the next 2 hours we had some fun “catching” as we put another nine walleyes into the livewell and let two other smaller ones go.

It wasn’t a bad way to start off the day and the good fishing sure made it tough to want to go into work!

With the warm temperatures in the forecast for the next week, I may have to fish this way just to beat the heat! So hopefully I will have a few more reports over the coming week

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.