Detroit Lakes Area Panfish Report 1/15

• loren_keizer
    Participant

Well I was able to sneak out for a few hours in the afternoon on Sunday with my son Lucas, my FIL and my buddy Bryan. Lucas has been spending what seems like hours a day, pretending to ice fish down in the basement so it was time to get him out again. The temps were great and the wind managed to die down and make it enjoyable to fish open ice.

The bite was on the slow side, but we were all able to pull some fish thru the ice. I spent most of my time with Lucas, watching fish on the flasher and the camera and seeing if we couldn’t catch a few fish together. I enjoyed the fact that I could show him fish coming up to his bait on the camera. He had a blast reeling in the fish after I gave a little “assisted” hookset. It was a fun time and though we didn’t get any monsters, we still made some memories.

The funniest thing was after I pulled my Marcum out of Lucas’ hole to go and check out another hole. He said, “Daddy, where’s mine? I can’t catch a fish without my own.” Good thing I brought a spare unit for him.

Jeff Bennett
    Participant
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Nice job !

gman58
    Participant
    stillwater

That smile is priceless!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.