Fast & Furious Walleye Action 8/27

• loren_keizer

Well, this forum looks pretty bare so I’ll add a report.

I hit the water on Saturday morning,8/27, with my good friend and regular fishing partner, David. He had been fishing hard this past week school is approaching fast and his time off is diminishing just as quickly!

He had been doing well all week on a bouncer and blade bit for walleyes. I even had to turn down a morning invite during the week, which ate away at me. With hearing his reports and getting an invite for a Saturday morning adventure, I was ready to chase some eyes.

We hit the water just before 6:30 with flat calm conditions, which were much different than what David had dealt with earlier in the week. From a little chop to gale force winds, he had fished in a little bit of everything.

No worries though, it was a beautiful morning and hardly a boat at the access. We got to one of the spots David had done well at and got our blade and crawler in the water. It wasn’t long and David had the first fish on and the first walleye in the boat. Shortly after his release, I had a walleye on. For the next two hours it was almost nonstop action for walleyes. A few small perch at away at our crawlers, but most of the crawlers were going to the species we were targeting. There weren’t many lulls in that time period and even a handful of doubles took place. We had landed around 25-26 walleyes.

We had all but one fish of our two person limit when the bite slowed to nothing. We hopped around to a few different spots before we found a spot that held a few more fish. I landed the last fish, number 28 on the day and we headed to the landing.

It was a fun couple hours on the water and the lake was pretty quiet and peaceful too which made it that much better.

Here is a picture of our limits.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Sounds like you had a blast!! Some good looking eaters you got there.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Nice mess of ‘eyes Nice hat

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Very nice!

-J.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Sweeeeeeeeeeet stringer of fish

Where were you at ????? Just curious.

Go Hawkeyes

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Nice work…. Bouncer n crawler are tough to beat in this area this time of year.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Not that I want to know your “Spot” but were you on a lake or the river ???

loren_keizer

Quote:

Not that I want to know your “Spot” but were you on a lake or the river ???

I was on a lake, no river here.

As for the hat, it must have been good luck! Go HAWKEYES!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.