#1 On camera again

• bailey99

Is this motor on the same boat that the ’98 2 stroke was on?

Also, what boat is this motor on?

What are the RPMs at idle?
    The RPMs are crucial to know how your motor is running.
    You might be idling at 1000rpms instead of the factory recommended settings of ?

les_welch

Yes it is the same boat.

Boat is a Lund Explorer 16′.

This is a tiller with no gauges. So I am not sure. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Les

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I had an ’05 Merc 60 4S, which as shipped had the idle rpm set way too high. The 40 is a very similiar powerhead, but since you can’t tell what your rpms are at idle, either install a tach on it, or take it to a dealer and have him check it out. The idle screw on mine was non-adjustable, but the fix is to file-down the screw tip a bit, so the throttle stop closes more.
    HRG

bailey99

Quote:

I had an ’05 Merc 60 4S, which as shipped had the idle rpm set way too high. The 40 is a very similiar powerhead, but since you can’t tell what your rpms are at idle, either install a tach on it, or take it to a dealer and have him check it out. The idle screw on mine was non-adjustable, but the fix is to file-down the screw tip a bit, so the throttle stop closes more.
    HRG

Yea, what he said.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

HRG

If going to try and do this yourself just be sure the idle dosen`t get so low that oil pressure is lost. 2 strokes will idle slower just because of this reason.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Here is another thread that has some good info……

controling trolling speed

Quote:

I wish motor manufactures would make all engines troll super slow; unfortunately they don’t, so we have to either get a kicker or slow down the boat in other ways. Although my motor trolls slow enough for pulling cranks, it is still too fast for the very slow pulling of live bait floaters on 3-ways. I could have put on a kicker but have not yet seen an easy and comfortable way to control a kicker from the driver’s seat. I also like to have the power of the big engine always available whenever it is needed. To slow down enough to pull floaters, I deploy a 2-gallon plastic feed bucket off each side of the boat. The ropes to the buckets are just long enough to keep the buckets from getting hit by the propeller. Now I can slow troll from the comfort of the driver’s seat and not have to stretch or stand to reach a kicker handle. After several years of trial and error I found that holes in the bucket, snaps, or swivels are not necessary; just replace the metal bucket handle with a longer rope.

lick

This guy has no pattern yet but I love getting pics of him he is a absolute STUD !

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

He’s a dandy for sure! How many inches has he put on since you first got on film this year?

john_steinhauer
    p4

What a stud!! Hope you see him on stand this fall!!

lick

Quote:

He’s a dandy for sure! How many inches has he put on since you first got on film this year?

I added the other 2 pics I have of him He just showed up on July 22. No pics before of any bucks even close to looking like they could be him.

My plots are sprouting and I made 3 mock scrapes today. Let the games begin !

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Nice buck Pat would make a nice addition to the WALL

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

As always Pat, you got a good looking buck there! He would make a great addition to ‘the wall.’ Share more pics when you get them. I wish you luck sticking him this year

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Awesome Buck. What’s his name??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.