Finally

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Pretty sure I know the lake you are talking about. I live about 4 blocks from there. I would say whoever told you there is a good population of northerns in there mislead you a little. Do not get me wrong, they are in there but very limited numbers. Remember this is a 20 acre lake, so there are not good numbers of anything. I would not bother with the hole in the middle. The fish are going to be working the shallows and where the weedline begins. I would work my way around the hole staying in the 5-10 foot range. I would also try casting Rapala’s if the suckers are not working. As far as the trout, they are not Laker’s. The state stocks Brown Trout in there every year in the fall. Very few make it through the heavy ice fishing pressure. But the ones that do can be caught on smaller jigs and a crappie minnow. Good luck to you.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

I would also focus on the shallow water( 10 feet or less). If there are already weeds, although I don’t think there would be…. shoot for the inside weedline in sand or gravel areas. Maybe try right in the weeds if it’s a mucky bottom.

herefishyfishy
    MN

Just happened at 8:30 this am. I have spent so much time in woods this year and with work was running out of time. I will post more later. 12pt with three broke off. A LOT of character on this character. Shot with rage at ten yards downwind.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Congrats that’s sweet looking deer

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Very unique rack. Congrats!!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Good job

lick

Very Cool Buck Congrats

abster71
    crawford county WI

congrats on a nice deer hard work does pay. Hopefully for the rest of us.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Very Cool Buck Congrats

x2

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

way to whack him! Character rack looks like a full circle, and split brow tines to boot…Congrats!

coppertop
    Central MN

Congrats HFF! Good looking buck!

Anonymous

nice lookin buck

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

That is a great looking rack…congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.