Deeper holes?

• Ryan Rivard

Just curious if anyone could tell me where the deeper holes are in the river from Interstate Park down to the draw bridge down below Osceola? It all seems about 8ft deep at “normal level”. Dont have a depth finder so makes it tough. Any info would help, thx.

catnip
    south metro

Do you have a smart phone? Get the navionics app.

Ryan Rivard

I do have the navionics app and used it but its not accurate to that part of the river, it says there are 20ft holes where its only 8ft to 10ft.

catmando
    wis

Where the pipeline crosses the river. Just above franconia landing . Big eddy by peasleys lake entrance. Railroad drawbridge hole,, that will get you a start if you want real deep water. DK

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I would add Taylors Falls, Deep hole back in Close slough, Below closing dam at Blast island. These holes and the ones listed above are the deepest in that stretch of river. 25′ or deeper. Under normal water conditions I would consider 10′ a deeper spot with main channel running 3 to 5′. Late summer water levels even 3 to 5′ main channel might be wishful thinking.

Currently Im running blind without a depth finder to. Going old school. Doing things like paying attention to how much anchor rope is needed. Poke a rod tip in the water to see if it hits bottom. Paying attention to how long it takes my sinker to hit bottom. Was thinking of just throwing my ice fishing flasher in the boat if needed. That will shoot right through the hull. Haven’t had a need for it yet. With dropping water levels by next weekend Im guessing some folks will be using their boats for depth finders. When you skeg plows the sand bar its shallow. When your bow hits the sand bars first its really shallow.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Holes follow riffles
    Riffles follow runs
    Runs follow holes

Riffle…hole…run.

Ryan Rivard

Never heard of that slough, where abouts is it located

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

This is close to the deeper hole in close slough. Might stillbe able to get a canoe in there now. Boat able only in high water.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20190715-173229_Maps.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.