Condition 1 case

• Michael Kaderabek

Has anyone tried one of these cases for their rods? About the same size as the old otter case. Just looking for something not as bulky as the scheels and newer otter cases.
    Thanks everyone!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231208_171303_Chrome.jpg

MX1825

My brother and I use a flambeau case but it’s not that long. You have to collapse the reel handles. Can usually find them for $60.

James Almquist

What I am finding is that I use inline reels and the handles don’t fold in so they are harder to fit in a case like that and don’t provide any protection for the reel. So far none of the case’s fit 6 rods. The one at Scheels that is on sale is not deep enough. I am looking at the Otter deep case but the price is a little crazy at $249 but on Monday I can get a 15% with my card and 10% for a military discount but that is still $187 and that beast is 17 pounds.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What I am finding is that I use inline reels and the handles don’t fold in so they are harder to fit in a case like that and don’t provide any protection for the reel. So far none of the case’s fit 6 rods. The one at Scheels that is on sale is not deep enough. I am looking at the Otter deep case but the price is a little crazy at $249 but on Monday I can get a 15% with my card and 10% for a military discount but that is still $187 and that beast is 17 pounds.

I have 4 Inlines and 4 spinning along with all the tackle totes in my scheels case. This will be my 3rd winter with that case. The all fit nice just turn the real side ways and lay it in the slot.
    I also use the lakes n rivers hard case as a lighter 4 or 5 rod holder. My inlines sit handle down, that’s what the thick foam on bottom is for. They push in perfectly and don’t budge. Hopefully that is helpful information.

acarroline

I have 10 combos in an otter 48 deep, folding reels helps but isn’t necessary. Scheels has had them on their website (still do) for $229.99 for some reason, they are usually $299.99 everywhere not on sale.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.