Compact underwater camera of choice?

• norge

Hey Guys,
    What is your favorite compact underwater camera these days and what features are most important to you?

tim hurley

The one you will use the most is the one that will perform, get one with a reel so you are not messin’ around with a long cord. Aqua View has one with a reel, what i have. On many lakes they are great to have at ice time.

Sylvanboat

Here is my setup. I have since mounted the camera base on a smaller piece of wood to save space. My camera is the AquaVu mini. Basic camera but works for me.

Attachments:
    1. FA07A8BD-CCA6-44D3-BDF9-F0E0622D80F8.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Marcum Pursuit is on my shopping list this fall

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Aqua View Micro Revolution is my choice. Been running it since it came out and its been great for both open and hard water.

SnakeShaker

I do wish that there was a decent comparison video out there with the marcum vs aqua vu vs vexilar cameras out there. I was thinking about pulling the trigger, but I would like to see a side-by-side-by-side comparison of a dozen or so cameras to see if you can spend $350 or you have to shoot $800+.

Rich Stuhr
    South Dakota

I run the Marcum Recon 5 (not +) and paired it with their wireless panner…works pretty slick and didn’t break the bank. Whatever system you choose, either make or buy a panner for it.

Steve Grim

I have had a Marcum Recon 5+ for about 4 years and have been disappointed. After about 2 years(and only about 15x using it) it now shows a blue screen when unit is cold(below 45 degrees or so). When outside I keep it in my chest pocket close to my body so it does not revert to the dreaded blue screen. In my fish house it seems to work fine with their wireless panner and have used the video out to tv without issues.

Sylvanboat

I have had a Marcum Recon 5+ for about 4 years and have been disappointed. After about 2 years(and only about 15x using it) it now shows a blue screen when unit is cold(below 45 degrees or so). When outside I keep it in my chest pocket close to my body so it does not revert to the dreaded blue screen. In my fish house it seems to work fine with their wireless panner and have used the video out to tv without issues.

I had the same problem with my AV mini. I called them and was told it was the transducer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.