Cabo San Lucas

• brycenannenga1
    Dubuque Ia

I have a trip coming to the Hyatt Ziva in Cabo. I plan to do some surf fishing near the resort. Does anyone have any insight from past experiences on lures etc. that were effective.

Justin riegel

I have a trip coming to the Hyatt Ziva in Cabo. I plan to do some surf fishing near the resort. Does anyone have any insight from past experiences on lures etc. that were effective.

Is this the Hyatt Ziva in Los Cabos? If so I stayed there about 5 years ago and it is top notch. I did not do any surfishing, the swells were pretty good size out there. I did do some body surfing and it was cool having some baby manta rays swim right along.

we booked a charter and had a really good trip catching school size yellow fins on light gear and i would highly recommend them. the hotel however wanted to charge like $50 a plate to cook our own fish so the bellboys went home with some real nice yellow fin back straps.

Here is the charter we used:

Home Page

brycenannenga1
    Dubuque Ia

Justin,
    Perfect!! I actually have a couple trips already booked with these guys.

FinnyDinDin

When are you going? Species will be dependent on time of year.

We caught mackerels right off the beach in front of the resorts. Get out super early in the morning because the bite is often over quick. If you have a car there are some good beaches to cast north of town on the pacific side and you will likely have the beach to yourself.

We casted heavy spoons that were silver and flashy. A giant cast master would work. There are some good bait stores in town and they will show you what to use.

$50 is ridiculous to cook fish. You shouldn’t pay more than $10. Get away from the tourist area and things are super cheap. You also get more of the flavor of real Mexico by getting out of the tourist area. We try to avoid there most of our trips. We stay in Airbnb’s a few miles from the marina and go to restaurants the locals go to. You won’t see many Americans in them.

You could also just eat your own sashimi. That’s what we do most nights.

If you need charter recommendations or other info shoot me a pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.