Cabin Fever

• Weekender
    Southcentral MN

I got to give a shout out to Cabin Fever in Victoria! It’s not a very big store, but they pack in all the right stuff. I’ve been to other stores this year and haven’t found a thing because their shelves are bare. Go to Cabin Fever and they have plenty of what I’m looking for! And the folks there are so nice and always so helpful. They’re always looking out for what the best price for me would be, always tell me to come back in if there’s problems, and they’ve even taken me upstairs to pick from their inventory that they hadn’t had time to put out on shelves yet.

Great little store with all the right gear and right people. I can almost always feel confident going in there knowing they’ll likely have what I’m looking for. waytogo

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Jeff and the gang over there have always done a very good job!

carver
    West Metro

Great place, great prices and great people.

Just picked up a new to me rifle tonight. Can’t wait!!

JEREMY
    BP

Many years ago I bought a new Beneli 12 gauge from Gander MT. Brought it home wouldn’t fire. Took it back they told me they would have to send it to Italy would take 2-4 weeks. Great since I bought it for duck hunting that opened in a week. Stopped at Cabin Fever to buy a new gun. Told Jeff what was going on. He told me to bring it in so he could look at it. Brought it over the next day he tore it all apart found a burr or something that he filed off a hair CHARGED ME NOTHING to fix a gun he didn’t even sell me. Works great to this day. Needless to say I think hes more then gotten a return for helping me out. So agreed. Great place.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Many years ago I bought a new Beneli 12 gauge from Gander MT. Brought it home wouldn’t fire. Took it back they told me they would have to send it to Italy would take 2-4 weeks. Great since I bought it for duck hunting that opened in a week. Stopped at Cabin Fever to buy a new gun. Told Jeff what was going on. He told me to bring it in so he could look at it. Brought it over the next day he tore it all apart found a burr or something that he filed off a hair CHARGED ME NOTHING to fix a gun he didn’t even sell me. Works great to this day. Needless to say I think hes more then gotten a return for helping me out. So agreed. Great place.

That’s amazing customer service for sure!

What’s funny is I had almost the exact same story with my Benelli but bought it at Cabelas. It was also a week out from duck season but I had a spare so I sent it.

shady5

I love these types of posts. Good service and friendly help seem to be becoming more scarce.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

They are great to work with, especially for Bow hunting stuff. They helped me out with my old bow a ton, and when I was forced to a crossbow IDO and them taught me everything I needed to know. They have a great indoor range, and they have kids in there shooting all the time too.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

One of these years I want to take up bow hunting for deer. Cabin Fever (and my cousin) will be my go-to for everything.

I haven’t had a problem finding what I need there, but my guess is if they don’t have it, they’ll get it for you.

The younger folks working there are just as helpful and pleasant to deal with too.

Jeff has definitely established a successful formula.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

One of these years I want to take up bow hunting for deer.

Go in there and shoot for an hour or two, you’ll walk out with a bow. Buy some camo and you are 75% the way there! There are a bunch of nice outdoor archery ranges in the SW metro to practice on, Shakopee by the 101 bridge and EP in Staring Lake Park being the two I’ve used primarily.

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

That’s what I’m afraid of. Shoot for a while and I’ll walk out with $800 of gear. THEN (and this is the important part) I gotta explain it to my wife! chased rotflol

tim hurley

Support your local bait shops! You can find some cool lures in many, stuff you will not find at the big box stores. Used to be a bait store in White Bear Lake owner was a crappie guy, he had more selection of stuff than Bass Pro and Cabellas combined.

JEREMY
    BP

That’s what I’m afraid of. Shoot for a while and I’ll walk out with $800 of gear.

You wont be getting much gear for that. You be lucky to just get a bare bow.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Cabin Fever is a great store with great staff. I’ve been going there since 1995 when I bought my first flip over fish house. Used them as the FFL when I bought my son’s shotgun from Reed’s. I still get my live bait, especially bulk leeches there and pick up hooks, line and a few baits, also.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Man, we need WAY more stores like this in the East Metro.

Cabelas has been wrecked by JackassPro. Sportsman’s Warehouse died years ago. Dicks is useless unless you want overpriced Underarmor crap for kids.

That leaves Fleet Farm which is no good for clothing or archery.

Joes is great, but let’s be honest the small store they have will only hold so much stock. Selection is going to be limited and they have no archery department and very limited hunting clothing.

We need more east metro options.

Grouse

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We need more east metro options.

I had Bwana in Little Canada do some work on my bow, when I lived in St. Paul and thought they were solid fwiw.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Agree Cabin Fever is great. I live on the north side of the lake so don’t get down to that shop too often but every time I’ve been in there I’ve walked out smiling. Its like a leave it to beaver show in there, and i mean that in all the best ways. Everyone is smiling and happy! The staff are terrific and they have a nice variety of things.

Also agree the archery range and staff there are excellent and knowledgeable. Wife and i went in and shot a few times and they offered great advice for both of us.

Might have to go pay em a visit soon just to say hi and give them some of my money

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Support your local bait shops! You can find some cool lures in many, stuff you will not find at the big box stores. Used to be a bait store in White Bear Lake owner was a crappie guy, he had more selection of stuff than Bass Pro and Cabellas combined.

You talking about the one Blue Ribbon took over for a season or two and gave up on? Couldn’t believe they let that spot go. Perfect spot for a bait shop right by the lake. If they would’ve staffed it with anybody over 16 I think it would’ve done really well.

tim hurley

That’s the one, it had been a bait store for a long time, yep great spot. Blue Ribbon had a pretty short run. Dh Rod and Tackle in Wayzata by ‘Tonka is one to support, place is packed with great stuff for Bass and pannies.

paulroecker

Jeff the owner of cabin Fever is just amazing with the kids. The neighborhood boys ride their bike to the store and he always finds time to personally help them with any questions and give them advise on where to fish.

ThunderLund78

Just one more shout-out for Cabin Fever. I was in there last week trying to get a jump on Remington 20GA 3″ AccuTips for deer hunting. Wasn’t surprised to see the shelf empty, but Jeff asked for my name and number and said he’d give me priority as soon as they came it. I didn’t ask for this, he just did it. Sure enough, the next week someone from the store gave me a call and said they’d set-aside two boxes for me as long as I committed to pick them up in the next few days. I was there the next afternoon. AWESOME service! You got a customer for life!

Cody Meyers

They are awesome, I like to call ahead when I need a big mess of bait. Give them a few days and they will make sure they have it for you. Everything from a big load of crawlers when we go to rainy, or a big batch of suckers for a long weekend chasing cats.

I’ve bought a load of bowfishing bows from them as well.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.