Bus Trip to Ballard's

• Dash Adams
    Participant

Have you been on one of these trips? This should be fun.

Attachments:
    1. Ballards-Page-1-Big-Stone-Radio.jpg

VT
    Participant

I’m also interested in these trips. What can I expect??

AnotherFisherman
    Participant

Did this a few years back. The Fargo radio stations had the same promo going on. You will love it. Expect to have a fun time.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Seems like a good deal and Ballards is one of the best resorts up there imo.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Ballards is a top notch resort!

buck-slayer
    Participant

I would drive up there myself stay in a sleeper shack for same amount of days and would cost you with gas $350. If you never stayed in a sleeper you gotta try it. My favorite trip of the year. Fishing Dawn till dusk.

B-man
    Participant

I would drive up there myself stay in a sleeper shack for same amount of days and would cost you with gas $350. If you never stayed in a sleeper you gotta try it. My favorite trip of the year. Fishing Dawn till dusk.

There’s 9 meals with the package, stress free and relaxed transportation, no wear and tear on your truck, bomber rides, the chance to meet like-minded guys, etc

Definitely a good deal at $560. I think it would be a blast waytogo

buck-slayer
    Participant

What I don’t like about staying at resort is you come and go on their schedule. Might not get out to shack until 9 and could get picked up at 4 and miss fishing time.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Might not get out to shack until 9 and could get picked up at 4 and miss fishing time.

I dunno about missing fishing time. Fishing time between 9 and 4 would be long enough to catch 50 or so little sauger and walleyes. whistling

Some of the “executive” types like to get back early to shower up, have a nice meal and a few cocktails at the bar. razz

FWIW, FSN TV show “Due North Outdoors” is sponsoring essentially the same deal mid-February. Bus transportation is out of the TC metro as apposed to SD but perhaps that justifies the additional $25 cost for extra travel?

Or could be the Due North TV host Travis Frank is giving out prizes for biggest walleye. yay

Attachments:
    1. walleye_connection_banner.png

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

What I don’t like about staying at resort is you come and go on their schedule. Might not get out to shack until 9 and could get picked up at 4 and miss fishing time.

Yep. True.
    If you’re an early riser and want to eat a quick bite and get fishing, you’ll be waiting a while.
    You’ll miss the best fishing. Early and late.
    Your stay is not geared for fishing but more like relaxing. Eating and drinking.
    Depends on what you’re looking for.

mnrabbit
    Participant
    South Central Minnesota

My first trip to LOTW was last winter and all of our best fish either came immediately after we get into the shack or the last few minutes while we were waiting to get picked up. We made sure to be the first ones in line each morning, brought a small little propane heater/grill to cook some breakfast on in the shack once we got settled in in the morning. Even being the first ones in line each morning, there’s no guarantee when you will still be fishing. Your guide might be a bit late, there might not be another group ready to get in the bomber with you, you might be the last one to get dropped off, other groups might be really slow unloading their gear out and into their shack. Lots of variables out of your control.

My best walleye came as we knew we were going to be picked up any minute, had all our gear packed up and sitting outside, except for one pole and flasher. Walleye came as the bomber was pulling up.

Dash Adams
    Participant

Ballard’s Trip Deadline for March 1-4 is Monday January 20th. We still have a few openings. Also we have had some people from Fargo inquire about going. Were going to now do bus pickups in Watertown, SD, Summit,SD and Fargo, ND.

If interested call Ballard’s at 218-634-1849 or 800-776-2675 and ask about the Big Stone Radio Trip.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Was at ballards a couple weeks ago. They don’t start loading up till 8am in the morning. Kinda annoying when your ready to go along with 100 other people waiting for the guides to eat breakfast and get going. Was at arnesens resort in December and they start loading at 7am or little earlier. That’s an extra hour of fishing being missed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.