Boomsite launch

• tim hurley

Would like to take my wife out she loves rivers. We do not even fish when we go out. We will go some weekday morning. If we go to Boomsite what is a good time? We could even go early afternoon if that is better. Would we be better off going to Hudson and paying to launch? All the taxes and various fees we pay sad to have to pay to access public water-Totally agree with what Grouse has been saying on this issue-Thanks

phoyem
    Minneapolis

You shouldn’t have any problem with the Boomsite launch on a weekday morning. If you wait until the afternoon, there’s a small chance you won’t be able to find a spot if it’s a nice day. Weekends are a totally different story.

Stay in the main channel and you should be fine. A nice cruise up to the High bridge (5 miles north of the boom site launch) but remember you can’t go past the high bridge legally.

tim hurley

My 16′ with my 50hp can make it to the High Bridge? Otherwise we can go south. Thanks

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yachts go there all weekend.
    Follow the main channel. There are shallow flats

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

If you go upstream.
    First go downstream, cut to Wisconsin side, then go upstream.

It is pretty much a natural river above Stillwater so you can expect sandbars to be where they naturally occur.

tim hurley

Never did get out, so now I’m stuck trying to take her on the weekend. Drove out for a hike, was out there around 10 just one parking spot, came back around 1 and saw 3 spots. Is it a good idea to try to sneak in between the morning and afternoon groups? Does it pick up, slow down or stay the same in the fall? Still would like to take my wife out. Thanks

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Every day is different, drive there and find out. If it’s full go somewhere else. The other option is to stay home and ask people on the internet where they are catching them at.

matt

If they are biting around the boomsite how would I go about catching them?Need some ideas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.