Boat Detailing What the?!!!!!!!

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ve contacted 6 place to get my pontoon detailed and not ONE has responded. What’s wrong with people nowadays?
    Tried Crosslake/Brainerd area and the Vet guy’s place from this site and only got crickets.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I’ll trailer it anywhere for good service.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

When you say vet guy are you talking about “marine clean”? I’ve used him in the past with great results!

B-man

I could hook you up if you’re ever down this way waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

When you say vet guy are you talking about “marine clean”? I’ve used him in the past with great results!

Yes, Marine Clean.
    All the places I called I left a message and filled out a request online.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Just might be the time of year too????

Iowaboy1

When it warms up a bit have a toon cleaning party!!
    Drinks and bbq after the job is complete of course.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Going to guess this is a seasonal issue

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From the Marine Clean site: “Desired detailing date? (Spring is fulling booked. Currently booking for July-November 2023”.

If a place is any good, they are still working on last years list. I found a guy last year for my Carver. After 4 weeks of saying he was coming, he did come. When they were done I called to ask him when they were coming back to finish… never happened.

Watch the reviews and good luck…it really shouldn’t be this hard.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

When is the season, July?
    I first started calling in November when I took it out of the water. I thought that would be a good time, at the very least I would think someone would call back and tell me the what the season is.

I’ll give Crosslakecarwash a try.

I may just have to have a toon cleaning party like I do every year. Mostly wanted the tubes buffed to look shiny and new.
    Wanna impress the Belle this spring. wink

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Ugh, that sucks. I was toying with having someone buff out my gel coat this spring, but it sounds like I will be doing it myself. I got a little self-concious when @nhamm2 commented on the oxidation. shock

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We just do our own tritoon. The acid from NAPA does the job for the toons themselves (which I handle and complete in a couple hours), then we get 4 or 5 people up in the boat scrubbing with magic erasers, toothbrushes, armor all wipes, etc and can have that part done in an hour tops. We don’t let ours get too dirty as the Mrs. is always wiping it down on outings…but the spring clean takes a little more elbow grease after storage.

Afterwards we drop it in for the season and take a cruise repaying our workers will full coolers. These are often the people who jump on in the summer as well and are good about helping out. Last year one of them even threw a $300 tab at the gas dock for my wife and his wife when they’re out without us to make things easier for them.

Another thing we’ve done in the past is throw on waders and use garden rakes to clean out the area the pontoon is slipped during the season. If you can stop weed growth around it, the duckweed and anything green seems to not stick by your spot as bad.

Charles

Crosslake guy is up for sale, not sure if he is still doing it. I would contact lakes audio and see if they have recommendations.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d post it on a community page up there on FB or Next Door. My folks have lived in Nevis for almost a decade, and it’s a constant struggle to get called back for all sorts of things. Just a different attitude, and timeline, a lot more like when we are ready we will call you back.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If Belle is a keeper then she’d volunteer to help you do it in the drive way in her bikini

glenn57
    cold spring mn

If Belle is a keeper then she’d volunteer to help you do it in the drive way in her bikini

rotflol rotflol yay

Gregg Gunter

Sounds like a great seasonal job for a couple kids.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll ask her to wear her 1 piece. The Bottoms! woot

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Sounds like a great seasonal job for a couple kids.

If you have ever had the great opportunity to buff aluminum it is one of the dirtiest, nastiest jobs and does not go quickly. It takes a lot of tape and plastic as the residue sticks to everything coming off of the buffer. The person buffing better cover every inch of there body and plan on throwing away what they were wearing as it will not wash out very well.

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

I’ve contacted 6 place to get my pontoon detailed and not ONE has responded. What’s wrong with people nowadays?
    Tried Crosslake/Brainerd area and the Vet guy’s place from this site and only got crickets.
    Anyone have any suggestions? I’ll trailer it anywhere for good service.

Sounds about the same as when we had the siding and roof redone in 2018. It was as if I told em I was Ed gene and was interested in making some furniture coverings.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.