blinking led light

• OG Net_Man

I access Curt Quesnell’s (NCOR Lake of the Woods) facebook page and recently he is using a blinking LED light attached to his line. I do not recall him ever referencing this until the last week or so.

Has any one here tried this blinking LED light and would like to share their experience and/or thoughts on this.

Attachments:
    1. blinking-led-light.jpg

LabDaddy1

Probably illegal here in MN lol

OG Net_Man

Curt has atleast 2 videos that shows him using this item and he is fishing in Minnesota waters. Not saying it is legal or not but he must think that it is legal. Possibly differences depending where it is attached but the video from a day or 2 ago shows it attached approx. 12 – 18″ above lure.

Cw

They are legal if the do not contain mercury. I know quite a few guides who swear by them for pike.

wirivereyes
    Central WI

From the online regs:

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2578.png

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>LabDaddy1 wrote:</div>

They are legal if the do not contain mercury. I know quite a few guides who swear by them for pike.

This was my first thought when seeing these, pike fishing.

Nodakk

I’ve tried them on some central MN lakes including Mille Lacs with no success

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’ve tried them on some central MN lakes including Mille Lacs with no success

x2

CaptainMusky

Ive used them but only on lake of the woods and they do work. THe ones I have are more like jigging spoons with the hook directly attached to them. My buddy had his setup different more like Curt does with like a drop line with a hook below which he used on a set line and did very well with too.

Cam White

Used them on Lotw ( cdn side) for perch. Caught quite a few.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

What is the definition of an artificial lure, regarding size? I’m seeing a hook needs to be within 3″ of this light.

§Subp. 6. Angling tackle.
    A. An angler may have up to three single or multiple hooks on a line used as a single tackle configuration attached to the end of a fishing line. The total configuration from the first hook to the last hook must be nine inches or less. Live, artificial, preserved, or dead bait is allowed. This configuration is not considered an artificial bait or fly.
    B. An angler may have one additional single or multiple hook on a line as part of an artificial bait as long as it is within three inches of the artificial bait.

OG Net_Man

Even on Mille Lacs a occasional walleye will come in and just smash your lure and you think that it would have probably hit anything I had on my line. I believe this scenario would be more common on a lake such as LOW.

I seem to have good luck with glow lures on Mille Lacs. Maybe some experimentation with the brightness of this LED is required.

Cw

What is the definition of an artificial lure, regarding size? I’m seeing a hook needs to be within 3″ of this light.

§Subp. 6. Angling tackle.
    A. An angler may have up to three single or multiple hooks on a line used as a single tackle configuration attached to the end of a fishing line. The total configuration from the first hook to the last hook must be nine inches or less. Live, artificial, preserved, or dead bait is allowed. This configuration is not considered an artificial bait or fly.
    B. An angler may have one additional single or multiple hook on a line as part of an artificial bait as long as it is within three inches of the artificial bait.

There are two different models, one thats a jigging spoon and the other has no hook on it so think of it as a dropper rig for tullibees/whitefish replacing the spoon/flasher.

Coletrain27

I have a couple. They work ok but I haven’t landed anymore fish on them than anything else

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

An earlier post noted that the light was being attached 12″-18″ above a lure, which would make it an attractor which is illegal.

When regs are written so vague it would be nice if a drawing were included to illustrate the intent of the rule.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Because natural forage blinks like an LED, LOL. People catch pike on hot dogs, does not mean everyone should go out and buy hot dogs. Just a gimmick because they can not come up with an new lure idea.

OG Net_Man

Because natural forage blinks like an LED, LOL. People catch <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike on hot dogs, does not mean everyone should go out and buy hot dogs. Just a gimmick because they can not come up with an new lure idea.

Have you seen the price of bait lately? Cheap hot dogs cost a lot less.

Northwind

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigcrappie wrote:</div>
    Because natural forage blinks like an LED, LOL. People catch <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike on hot dogs, does not mean everyone should go out and buy hot dogs. Just a gimmick because they can not come up with an new lure idea.

Have you seen the price of bait lately? Cheap hot dogs cost a lot less.

They don’t die either!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.