Black Ice

• Brittman

I suppose this is expected with highs in the 40s and 50s. There was pretty good ice over in the NE metro (even the St. Croix River) after that cold wave. Saw people out on the ice on Saturday and Monday morning, albeit smaller lakes …

All the ice around here is black and I anticipate will likely clear off on larger ponds and lakes frown

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yup. Just the change I seen thus evening wasn’t looking good

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Some might hold. Im not seeing 50s but at least starting sunday we should be back to making ice.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i already cancelled plans this past week to be up in Itasca county spearchucking because of the lack of ice and no snow.

my next trip is planned for the day or so after christmas thru new years…….and watching the extended forecast…..i’m kinda wondering about that time frame!!!! doah doah

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

mid 40’s next weekend.
    The only reason for this warm weather is because I bought a sled so I could take the Belle out bar hoppin. doah

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

mid 40’s next weekend.
    The only reason for this warm weather is because I bought a sled so I could take the Belle out bar hoppin.

I said the same thing to my buddy. I bought a sled so we won’t get snow. I guess I wasn’t thinking we wouldn’t even get ice.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im on 6 1/2” this morning.

tim hurley

Arctic circle, or closer to you in Anoka?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Arctic circle, or closer to you in Anoka?

rotflol rotflol thats funny.

was told there where some people out in front of Geigers on bowstring last night.
    i’ve been waiting for Jeff Sundin out of grand rapids for a recent report but havent seen one yet??? doah

watching the extended forecast, my hopes of going up after christmas is getting stronger every day minus 20 below weather or a blizzard!!

Ripjiggen

Should be firming back up and adding ice next few days before it warms up again.

AK Guy

was told there where some people out in front of Geigers on bowstring last night.
    i’ve been waiting for Jeff Sundin out of grand rapids for a recent report but havent seen one yet??? doah

watching the extended forecast, my hopes of going up after christmas is getting stronger every day minus 20 below weather or a blizzard!!
    [/quote]

I spoke with Jeff a couple of days ago and he’s in no hurry to get out on the ice. With age comes wisdom.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

That cold night really helped out. I think the lows in the teens will help a lot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.