Big Bass starting to put on the Feed Sac!

• Jordan Weiler

Fall bass are just about getting ready to start putting on the feed sac!

Hit up a local lake to do some kayak fishing the last two weekends and had some good success. First day I caught a variety of sizes of bass on jigs, frogs, and spinnerbaits including one pig and even a bluegill on a spinnerbait!

The next weekend was a bit tougher conditions. Followed a cold front, wind picked up, and overall water temp was down about 12 degrees. Managed a few small bass early, and ended up catching a slob on a spinnerbait right before I was going to leave.

The bass only get bigger from here on out. Get out and chase some big fall bass.

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever caught on a spinnerbait? Drop a comment below.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I’ve caught crappie on a spinnerbait a couple different times. Something I learned this week that I never gave any thought too. The reason why bass seem so porked out in the fall is they are digesting the food they eat slower than they do in the summer when their metabolism is much higher. Makes sense.

Jordan Weiler

Yeah pretty neat catching big crappie on bass spinnerbaits like that. That does make sense about the slower metabolism!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.