Best hand held marine spotlight

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Any recommendations on a quality hand held spot light, preferably cig adapt.
    rechargeable would be OK.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m guessing you’ll be using it on the water to aid with navigation.

I have 3 corded spots and one cordless that I really love for use around the boat…like netting fish. It runs on 4 AA batteries. This one was $30 and I picked it up at Everts/4 Seasons. It’s bright but not bright enough for running.

For running, I’ve found the Q Beam to work the best for me. Q-Beam Performance Max Million III 1560 DC Spotlight about $30. as well.

The other two back up lights are lights that I just didn’t like.

Attachments:
    1. Performance-MaxMillion-III-Main.png

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

I’ve had good luck with Cyclops line of spot lights. Wall and cigarette charging, small in size, durable, and very bright. Little more expensive then the other options you have so far.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Anybody using the Stanley Fat Max or Browning High Noon spotlights? Thoughts on either? I like the idea of 4C batteries in the Browning for the boat…don’t have to worry about it being charged or not.

Might be a good Father’s day gift idea for the boat…..

Thanks
    Pete

bigpike

I bought the fatmax a few months ago, one reason was I wanted to see walleye on the spawn and needed a powerful light. This light also has a USB port a 10 hour battery life can be charged in your truck or wall outlet. It’s a great light. Cost $50. Look it up…

Attachments:
    1. 20200411_144441.jpg

tim hurley

The Dorcy has a True Spot Reflector System—what the heck is that? Plus I already have too many flashlights why am I even looking at these!!!!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I have the old version that is power hungry, man did the price in rice come up!!GoLight

It is not a hand held but it does articulate left & right, up and down.

JEREMY
    BP

GoLight
    It is not a hand held but it does articulate left & right, up and down.

Just make sure you have spare remote batteries cause if they die no way to turn the light on.

mustangsally

I use a milwaukee M12 spotlight that has 750 lumens and battery charge indicator. No more buying/disposing/remembering batteries or wondering how much life they have left. If you already use M12 tools why not.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I just bought a Fenix HT18 and I’ll never go back to an old, clunky spotlight that takes D batteries. It’s output is 1500 lumens with an effective range of 925 meters (over half a mile) when it’s on the highest setting. At that setting it will run for over an hour.

I use it around the house too, and I love it. I think eventually I’ll buy an even nicer, US-made flashlight like streamlight (Fenix is unfortunately a chinese product but it is of great quality). I wanted to get something that eprforms ata similar level for lower cost to gauge whether I like it or not and I certainly do. Notably it also comes with filters for night time fishing activities. I might try to mount it to my bowfishing bow and use it for that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.