Best fishing snack that fits in your pocket

• Chris Norlock

I always enjoy jerky and homemade trail mix for my go to’s, what about you guys

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Larabar, the Original Fruit and Nut Bar.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Werthers Original.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I might take a ziplock with some jerky pieces in it but as a rule I don’t eat much while fishing. Water and/or sport drinks [G2] to stay hydrated I do lots of.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Beer

Which pocket do you carry that in? How’s it taste after 2 hours in your pocket?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was going to say jerky.

I got a pair of reel legends sand bar shorts that have a beer holder pocket built in. It’s not real practical if the beer is full.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I love to cook on the boat so no pocket snacks. But if I’m hitching a ride with a friend, I bring Hostess size fruit pies with my thermos of coffee.

Chris Norlock

[/quote] Ya really? lol

Rick Janssen

I make my own deer jerky and ALWAYS take some along. A long tradition in my family that is now being carried through to the Grandkids – you have to catch a fish before you get some jerky. Applies winter or summer. My Grand daughter is the best with this. She will hold EVERYONE to this and then when someone catches one she says -“that is jerky worthy”.

Sharon
    SE Metro

As been mentioned, jerky and trail mix are always a good option! I would say those crunchy Nature Valley granola bars since they’re hard and wont smoosh in your pocket, but have you eaten one in a boat? My God they get crumbs EVERYWHERE! They’re worse than glitter. doah

Now I just stuff the side compartments with cookies and little bags of chips.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

For some reason this post brought to mind the guy who just got nabbed for fishing naked. Wonder where he stores his snacks moon

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    Beer

I line my underwear with cooler packs. Nothing better than an ice cold pocket beer.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

For some reason this post brought to mind the guy who just got nabbed for fishing naked. Wonder where he stores his snacks moon

I think the answer to this question is rather obvious…..

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

I think the answer to this question is rather obvious…..

I suppose he snacks on Tootsie Rolls?

Bob Erfish

I like Kind bars, peanuts and almonds, and jerky. I try my best to avoid doughnuts with coffee on my way to the lake but that doesn’t always work out

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Female M&M’s

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Anything from Little Debbie—- Swiss cake rolls, nutty bars, etc. Not looking for nutrition. Fishing is exercise.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Jerky, a granola bar, or homemade Chex Mix. My wife thinks it is crazy that if I go out fishing for a day, I rarely eat more than one of the small snacks. Lots of water (some beer if I’m a passenger), and minimal food for me.

FryDog62

A “One Bar,” or if it’s an all-day excursion a “Pure Protein” bar. Both higher in protein with lower sugar count to prevent crashing later on. I’m blessed/cursed with a higher metabolism, these seem to work best for me.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Snickers bar. Backup life saver, hopefully never needed.

Twizzlers if the pockets are big.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

sorry no pocket here. Cooler full of Homemade sandwiches candy bars cheese snacks chips an Beer.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.