End of May Report….

• jrholland93
    Participant

May is coming to a close, and I have hardly been on the forums… Sorry for the lack of updates.

Picking up where bass season started… My wife and I packed up the kiddos and fished opening weekend of bass season for a couple of hours. We chased smallies around, and found the fish to be utilizing the shallow rocks, but not tending to beds. We casted twitch baits and ghost casted Yum Dingers and had luck using both. We didn’t manage anything really big, with a couple of pounds being the biggest fish we landed. Still an awesome time catching the tough fighting bronzebacks, especially with the kiddos in tow!

Bemidji walleyes are on fire. Made it out with a buddy for a bit last night in the pouring rain. We were lucky to have the lightning stay to the south. We were able to make quick work of a couple of scoops of shiners in 4-6′ of water on Lindy Jigs. Fish were tight to boulders…

Come on up for some great fishing!

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

…and ghost casted Yum Dingers…

Matt:

Could you explain the “ghost” part???

Mark

tom_gursky
    Participant
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I think he may have reversed ghost and casted…”Ghost” is a translucent white color of Yumdinger Senkos Mark…

jrholland93
    Participant

Sorry, meant that I was casting blind to shoreline rocks. Chasing ghosts that were not visible…

Soon I’ll be casting at rocks that have big dark blobs next to them…

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Thanks Matt!!! That makes so much more sense now.

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.