Problem Bear Question???

• fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Hey guys and gals, I have a bear who insists on destroying my apple trees. I even tried an 8 foot cyclone fence. He crawls right over it. Does anyone know if an electric cattle fencer would work on keeping this guy out? Does anybody have any other ideas that might work?… or am I going to have to sig my nephew on him . Thanks

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I vote for Nephew or ME.

Not sure??? I know they make a portable electric fence to set up in camps to keep Grizzly Bears out, so My guess is an electric should work.

whittsend

I have in-laws who have tons of bird feeders in N MN. They have put up electric fences to keep bear out. As far as I know, it has been quite successful.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Electric fence will keep him out as long as it has a good zap to it, say a “weed burner” style…although he is just going to move on to the next opportunity since bear are an opportunist feeder. Next it will be the garbage can, then the treated wood around the place will get chewed up and before you know it they are pushing on doors and windows. Once a bear gets comfortable around a residence it is hard to get rid of them. You most likely are going to have to cal your local conservation officer and have the problem dealt with legally…hope the bear doesn’t have a good lawyer.

fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Thanks Guys for the feedback. I’ll try the fencer.If that doesnt work, I know the nephew would love to go huntin bear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.