Beaches

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Didn’t think I would ever be saying this this year. Wow are the water levels low on the Croix. Lowest Ive seen in a couple years. Plus side is nice sand beaches are everywhere. Fantastic time grab the small boats or canoes and get the family out to enjoy them. Franconia and Copas landings should still be good options. Osceola and William o Brian can get challenging with low water. May need to push the boats off the trailer at those landings.

With the low water levels Sunday I also found the sunfish have set up on the main channel and very aggressive. Casting small jigs and small twister tails in the wood piles had them going very well. Found mostly sunfish fish going. Only a few crappies. Usually they are right in with sunnies just holding a little tighter to the wood. Sunfish seem to have no issues tackling a twister tail swam past them. The crappies can get more fussy. Many times they want the jigs on a slow fall.

Good luck if anyone gets out there. Time to enjoy those warm summer days while you can.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’d say levels are back to normal after a couple of ridiculous years of high water. At least up there you don’t have to deal with the yacht hatch which do not discriminate with the water levels.

404 ERROR
    MN

Here I thought we were talking about the new Natty…

Attachments:
    1. Aloha.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I’d say levels are back to normal after a couple of ridiculous years of high water. At least up there you don’t have to deal with the yacht hatch which do not discriminate with the water levels.

No tuna boat hatch up this way. Plenty of pontoon boats, canoes and kayaks. Even those dont start showing up til about 11am. Or go during the week and pretty much have the place to yourself.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I tried to get past the Boomsite launch over the weekend. When the mud started swirling behind my camper, I figured that was far enough.

Hightailed it back to Pepin where I belong.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

You can tell when the “yacht hatch” isn’t going well because the folks in prescott sit at the docks and yell at anyone who actually uses their boat ) Now that the water is low enough they can finally go use theirs instead of pouting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.