Finally got out today

• jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

Got out with a buddy of mine this afternoon after church. Went up to lake Onalaska and put in at the sailboat club/Nelson park landing. What a zoo! There must have been 50 trailers in the lot. I am thinking there was a bass tourney of some sort. We saw tons of bass boats buzzing the lake today and a bunch takeing out at the same time.
    Started out fishing the weed right off the landing and drifted that bay. Had my first hit on my third cast of the day! Caught a nice little 2.5 # LG mouth on my fifth cast! We did OK in that bay with my buddy catching 2 and me catching 3 in about 45 minutes. All were large mouths and the biggest was about 3.5#. We caught all of them on Senkos with no added weight. We moved over to the airport light cut when the bay really began to fill with boats waiting to pull out and fishing while they waited. There, we had several hits and caught a small northern and a couple more bass. These were caught on spinner baits and crank baits.
    All and all, a very enjoyable day on the water (but then arent they all )

John

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, we had a small club tourney with 14 boats that launched out of Nelson Park ramp today. Pretty decent day on the water, but a finicky bite overall. The only thing bad about today was the WIND
    Sounds like you caught some nice fish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.