Bass tips?

• UMDivX

Wondering if anyone has been fishing Clearwater recently and since we’re in this funky weather, if there has been some sort of pattern that has worked better than others?

Went out my first time on the lake ever last Friday and found them off the outside weed edges with a drop shot but got nothing of size.

Wondering if there’s another technique or pattern that’s been working better for folks?

TIA!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If you are talking about the Clearwater lake Near Annandale. I would say that the outside weedline bite is the most consistent pattern right now. I know lots of the tourneys out there are won by flipping Jigs into the deeper milfoil out there. You are fishing for far fewer bites but have a shot at some bigger fish while doing it. The problem is those deep weed fish move around a lot and it can take a long time to locate them. Seems like the bigger fish are really hit and miss on that lake. I think you are doing the correct thing. You just need to keep moving till you either find a school of larger fish or until you run into a school of fish with the larger ones actively feeding.

UMDivX

thanks for the quick response. How deep is deep when it comes to those deeper milfoil spots?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

thanks for the quick response. How deep is deep when it comes to those deeper milfoil spots?

I would say in the 22-25Ft range. Keep in mind in these depth the milfoil may not be anywhere near the surface. Most of it is located in The SE side of the lake. Also lots of deep weedlines all over the lake ( 16-20 Ft weed edge’s ) Most all the mainlake humps have a fairly deep weed edge.

UMDivX

Most all the mainlake humps have a fairly deep weed edge.

yea found that out, got too windy to fish Friday so just drove around scanning and scoping out spots, found that main hump in the middle of the main lake with weeds all the way out to 16 – 19ft.

tim hurley

Talked to a guy who fishes CW a lot, said patterns change there all the time and do not stay the same from year to year.Good Luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.