Bait up by Kabetogama

• jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I’d rather not buy minnows by the dozen at Kabetogama. Are there bait stores around that sell fatheads by the scoop or should I try to bring them up from the Hudson/Twin Cities area?

wiswalleye48
    East Troy, WI

Check the out the Gateway store right on HY53 as you turn on the road (9378 Highway 53) to most resorts web site http://www.gatewaygeneral.com I am heading up this Saturday myself. Good luck the bite should be on !

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

My family will also be up there starting Saturday. Never been there before. Good luck everyone.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m terrible with names but but there is a place on Hwy 53 about 5 miles South from the Ash Trail turn off. Full blown bait shop, they have anything you need, just ask.It’s the little gas station with the fenced in Deer area for the kids. Somebody will know the name, just call them.

timatkn
    MN

I’m terrible with names but but there is a place on Hwy 53 about 5 miles South from the Ash Trail turn off. Full blown bait shop, they have anything you need, just ask.It’s the little gas station with the fenced in Deer area for the kids. Somebody will know the name, just call them.

Is that Cold Springs you are mentioning? They are at the location you mention, never stopped there but have driven by many times, maybe I need to stop?

T

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thats it!!!!

You do need to stop. Super nice people. It’s what things use to be like.

3andadog

One more spot would be the Bait and Bite just down the road from the Gateway

timatkn
    MN

So I finally tried cold springs, worth the stop. They take good care of their minnows, are a little more generous with the count, supply a lot of the minnows to the area so you are going right to the source.

T

munchy
    NULL

Yup, Cold Spring is where to go, and like was said they are the suppliers to most everyone in the area.

Best prices around as well!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.