Auger Cover

• grizzlyhackle
    Participant
    Montana

I’m not sure how I haven’t ran into this before, but last weekend lots of water/slush on the ice and the SxS was kicking up a lot and caking the auger. Wondering if anyone has ideas on a cover just for the auger head?

I’ve got a clam plate and milwaukee drill, so I feel like a lot of the covers would be too big? Was looking at the Trophy Angler Thermal Cover or the Strikemaster Cover.

I am also thinking about just rednecking it with a plastic contractors bag, but would like to find something more durable/permanent. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas/suggestions!

Terry
    Participant

I happen to have a old dog bed that the fabric cover had a zipper. This cover just happen to fit the auger like it was made for it. Keeps the wet snow off well but it was not waterproof for slush.

grizzlyhackle
    Participant
    Montana

I happen to have a old dog bed that the fabric cover had a zipper. This cover just happen to fit the auger like it was made for it. Keeps the wet snow off well but it was not waterproof for slush.

I was also thinking about outside the box ideas – maybe some sort of neoprene cover or something I’m not sure. Will most likely be using the contractor’s bag this weekend just so its covered.

tswoboda
    Participant

I use a drawstring laundry bag when needed.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

You could have one made, know anyone with a sewing machine.

grizzlyhackle
    Participant
    Montana

Clam makes a bag for that setup.

Based on reviews it is huge:

“Cover is quite large for the Clam plates. I assume it is made for many different augers. It does what it is intended to do and is well constructed.”

“This bag is massive. I use the clam drill adaptor plate with a 20v dewalt hammer drill and the bag is very loose. It’s made very well and does it’s job but could be made a bit narrower.”

“Great product for the price and good quality. The only drawback is it is over sized and moves around alot in the wind. Otherwise it’s a great product”

You could have one made, know anyone with a sewing machine.

I’m leaning on going this route if I can find a seamstress

Greg D
    Participant

Cabela’s (BPS) medium cordura duffle bag fits perfect with zippers at either end, and a small pocket to hold an allen wrench and pliers

Nodakk
    Participant

I have the trophy angler auger head cover for my strikemaster 40V and fits perfect. Does its job for cheap

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

I would think if the Clam cover does it’s job,why not.If it’s a little big,so what.If at the end of the day the drill is dry its a win.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.