asn

• eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Why is the IP address associated with my ASN autonomous system number being blocked on my PC?
    What can I do to use the web site?

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

I used your IP associated with your post. You are using Charter. There is no firewall rule blocking that ISP. We do block ASN’s of known hosting providers which spammers use. We’d have to be under attack before I’d consider blocking an entire ISP.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-02-10-173136.png

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Not sure but I think it may be because:
    I am using a VPN that assigns random IP addresses. I then get randomly blocked because of the ASN related to that IP address.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

We are actively blocking VPNs that have been used by spammers or bots. If your VPN uses a blocked host for an exit node then you will also not be able to access this site via that node.

CaptainMusky

We are actively blocking VPNs that have been used by spammers or bots. If your VPN uses a blocked host for an exit node then you will also not be able to access this site via that node.

We have had this very exact problem at work because our company would share a service with other companies that were known spam callers and then our services would get blocked. We had to go with a dedicated IP profile instead so we wouldnt get blocked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.