Another Heated Debate – Best Drill!?!

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My only fault with Milwaukee where Ryobi beats them:

Does Milwaukee make one of these? I’m so sick of pulling the tritoon up on an island then attempting to blow up a barrage of inflatables from a 12v outlet and pump by the drivers seat. Once anyone who is with us on other boats sees, I’m suddenly the honorary inflator for most of the island. If Milwaukee had one of these I could just launch the inflatables on the sand and hand it to the wife and kids while I get to more important stuff (like emptying the cooler) toast

I saw a buddy use one on a towable and instantly need one. It seemed to work awesome

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Picture won’t attach…but it’s a cordless high volume inflator

eyeguy507
    SE MN

at home i been using the new Craftsman 20V tools for 4 years now i think? drills, impacts, saws, vacuums, inflators, you name it. same battery for all and i been super impressed at a lower cost point than the big names. i don’t know how i made it this long without an impact but man are they awesome for building things. i think i probably have close to 20 different 20V tools now and everyone has worked like advertised.
    a few years ago i got rid of anything corded. no need with the battery technology these days.
    i bet in 2-3 more years there will be a new battery source that will possibly replace lithium some day?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Whatever happened to Bosch? weren’t they a leader back in the late 90s early 2000s? I used to work in marketing at major construction and industrial supplier and I believe they were our #1 seller at that point. Between them and DeWalt, anyway.

we use some Bosch at work but our company went to Dewalt tools instead. i beat the crap out of my old Bosch 18V and it still lives today! i even use another 18V Bosch to turn my 8 inch strikelite bit in winter and it works great too. i think they still sell tools but probably getting left behind by the others who advertise more?

Deuces

Im a trades guy, we run Makita, several batteries and tools, no complaints. All the trade crews I know run Milwaukee, Makita or Dewalt probably in that order.

matthewkolden

I run almost all Milwaukee and my tools get used hard. I remodel and do custom tile. Milwaukee has been solid for me, though not immune to problems. Nothing major, couple old old batteries that have given up. I ran Makita for about 10 years at my last company and honestly never really had issues with them either, other than the 18v brad nailer. Thats probably the single worst tool i have ever owned.

The actual reality of it is, Makita, milwaukee and dewalt are so close that it doesnt really matter. Pick which color you like best, or figure out which tool youll use the most often (impact? Driver? Multi tool?) And see which one from which brand is the most comfortable in your hand. I honestly dont believe there is an actual best.

JEREMY
    BP

Milwaukee inflator #2848-20. Max 150 psi. Says will inflate a 33″ truck tire in under a minute.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Milwaukee inflator #2848-20. Max 150 psi. Says will inflate a 33″ truck tire in under a minute.

Dang, that is impressive. Now I need to see if Dewalt makes one.

tim hurley

I drill about 20 holes a year usually into sheetrock, sometimes a 2×4-so yes give me POWER!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Thought this was funny. BTW, I use all of the Ryobi 18v tools. Works fine for me.

-J.

hah

Attachments:
    1. ryobiguy.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thought this was funny. BTW, I use all of the Ryobi 18v tools. Works fine for me.

-J.

hah

Haha that pic showed up on my social media almost immediately after posting this thread…

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.