Alone

• big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Who else is hooked ? cool Love the concept and show. Anybody think someone beats Alan’s 56 days, this season ? Hilarious that Desmond seen a couple piles of Bear scat, not even a Bear and tapped out in 5 hours !!! rotflol Even I could last longer than that ! jester

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Like the show. Desmond cracked me up too. I wonder if he would last all night in his own back yard?

Based on the profiles, I like Justin Vittioe chances of winning. The sniper and sniper school military training is some of the toughest anywhere. Not just physical, but mental. And mental is a big part of the challenge.

-J.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I like the guy (Larry) from Rush City’s chances… although so far from what I have seen, he got the worst site. crazy

Rick Janssen
    Participant

I have not seen enough of the others to make a prediction. I thought the guy from MN was freaking out a bit early to get my hopes up on him. The lady that got everything wet on the first day is NOT going to last. As far as Desmond goes, that was just sad. They “select” these people on their skills, and he acted so tough. Really, afraid of bears when you have a whistle and an air horn. My 5 year old granddaughter would last longer.

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

I like it too.. Didn’t see the first episode but watched the last round (last fall maybe?).. Thought it was cool when the winner found out he won,,he said “man, already? I was planning out my spring garden” It takes that kind of mentality when you show up there to win. As in, I’m never going to leave this place so lets get used to this life.

Excited to see the first episode you are talking about and the guy leaving after 5 hours.. haha

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

And G. Do I have any oil changes left on my book? I seem to remember buying one a few years back and never using any!! ??? My bad.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good show. The one guy didnt even make it until the sun hit the tree tops. Funny stuff.

youngfry
    Participant
    Northeast Iowa

Yup… I’m hooked. I think that others will beat the first guys # of days because they will learn from what others did previous years. It may not be this season though… and of course they winner might not HAVE to make it that long.

I wonder what happens to the people that go back after being out there for 2-3 months… seems to me like it would change you, better or worse I don’t know…

Jonesy
    Participant

Ok what channel is this on?

Fluffchucker
    Participant
    NW Wisconsin

I find myself rooting for the vet/ex-cop lady from South Carolina. She seems pretty darn tough. But the weather was far too nice to really get a feel for how these people will fare. Let’s see what happens when the wind and rain start going.

I’m afraid the guy from Rush City is screwed. That site he’s in looks awful. At least he doesn’t seem to be afraid of the bears.

Art Green
    Participant
    Brookfield,WI

Have these people ever tried to make it more than a weekend in the woods with the gear they are allowed to have? The gear provided by the history channel or the 10 things they can choose from the list of optional items they are allowed? Why would you take a down sleeping bag to a rain forest knowing it is useless when it gets wet?

troutbum
    Participant
    St. Paul

One vote for the sniper

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

New show at 8pm.

-J.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Why would you take a down sleeping bag to a rain forest knowing it is useless when it gets wet?

Unlimited amount of fish from all the damn flies you can tie from that badboy duh toast

youngfry
    Participant
    Northeast Iowa

Speaking of sniper… was it the right decision not to eat the duck? (which looked like a hen pintail to me… which is not the same live duck that he showed earlier which was a merganser)

The pintail would be delicious… but I would have been worried about cause of death too. I might have investigated further before tossing it. Skin it out… see if it stinks or has indication of disease. But I can’t fault him for playing it safe…

Not sure how hungry I’d have to be to eat a mergatroid… yuck

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Good call on the duck imo…

Funny, just before that gal dropped the ax on the back of her hand, I look over at my wife and say – “She keeps chopping wood like that, she is going to get hurt!” I think she my be done….

-J.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was there more people in this show last season. Seemed like a lot more dropping out right away. The guy that won last season kept a record of days. Think that had a big part to him making it. Was able to keep a perspective on how much time had past. Seem to remember him say he was thinking it would last into the 100 days. Not sure if anyone is keeping track this season.

That gal sure seemed to have life figured out. That was until someone handed her a hatchet. Not much else seemed to happen in this episode. Contestants seem to be much more experienced than last years. Got to wonder how long they last this year. Think I could see it going 100 days.

Charles
    Participant

So if you brought a bow, I would assume you have to make you own arrows or if you bring your own would they be counted as an option.

Looking through the list, I think I would bring a camping hammock get your self off of the ground.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Was there more people in this show last season. Seemed like a lot more dropping out right away.

Still on the intro shows. 9 players still in it. Well, 8 1/2 ???

-J.

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

So if you brought a bow, I would assume you have to make you own arrows or if you bring your own would they be counted as an option.

Looking through the list, I think I would bring a camping hammock get your self off of the ground.

The website says you get 6 arrows with the bow. That is the only reason I would be interested, a woods made arrow by me wouldn’t fly straight and I would never have success…I’m not much of a craftsman…

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

it was 10 last year also, but at this point, 6 days, 5 (half) were out already…. blush

Art Green
    Participant
    Brookfield,WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Art Green wrote:</div>
    Why would you take a down sleeping bag to a rain forest knowing it is useless when it gets wet?

Unlimited amount of fish from all the damn flies you can tie from that badboy duh toast

You got me there, too bad she will freeze her but off before she figures that out.

patk
    Participant
    Nisswa, MN

April 29, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Mike W wrote:
    Was there more people in this show last season. Seemed like a lot more dropping out right away.
    Still on the intro shows. 9 players still in it. Well, 8 1/2 ???
    -J.

Seems like this year’s bunch is way ahead at this point in time. Did I hear they had something like 2500 people apply? Did see they put them through some hands on skill testing. Guessing they had better options to select the 10 contestants.

youngfry
    Participant
    Northeast Iowa

I think they had over 3,000 people apply. They selected 20 to do the final testing before the final 10 were chosen.

The bow would be awesome except from what I can tell… there isn’t much to shoot with it…. unless the people just haven’t seen anything or shown anything.

I would put a lot of effort into fishing. The people the first season did a lot of sitting around and not trying to gather food. While I get that strategy to a point… stay dry and conserve energy… you still have to eat at some point. The one dude from Nebraska spent a considerable amount of effort to catch a couple mice… even if he succeeds he doesn’t get much out of it. One fish is worth about 25 mice or more…. good grief. The guy that one caught tons of bait but didn’t do anything with it really.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

There has got to be deer there…. they just aren’t going to stumble into their make-shift camp and present a shot. grin

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Catching up on the reruns tonight. New episode at 8pm. I love this show! yay

-J.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

and just like that 2 go home ! I knew Mike would tap… every other word was how much he missed Barbara… bawling

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.