Little Whitefish Lake near MilleLacs report

• russjudy
    Minnesota

Judge Judy and i got a chance to fish so we stopped in Friday afternoon, the road was well plowed, no cracks,slush or ice heaves and headed to the end of the road, there we saw 5 houses out there and counted another 8 scrattered around the lake;

after talking with a group of 3 we centered our selves betweem 2 house’s in 32 ft of water and started fishing at 5;30
    camera and vex were left at the cabin so we opet to fish the old way, after an hour a nice guy came over and after a gab session he brought his vex over and got us up to 15 ft, not fishing the very bottom and nothing happening, I headed out to get or toys returning an hour later, Judy haddent had even a nibble so dropping the vex down the the camera we saw nothing (Bummer)
    Greg stopped to chat and picked up our spirits so we settled in;; nothing came trough, i mean nothing– then at 8pm we saw the vex come alive and the camera always had a crappie in it showing its poses looking in the lense- I was a little surprised we couldnt see more than a few feet with it even though the water was clear)
    no matter how we worked our lines they wouldnt bite and let me tell you they were down there, Greg came back over and saw Judy lose one;- then at 10;30 i caught 1 and lost 1;; it wasnt looking good for us;;- we fished till 1;30am catching only 1 more — little did we know the house 40 ft away were catching them at 15ft again and we saw nothing at 15;;- both houses were in 32ft (whats up with that)? Idid notice they didnt like Fatheads but smaller minnows;;-
    everything went dead from 11;30 till 1am, very few houses came out so it wasnt crouwed; Sat morning we started at 7;30 am, down sizeing hooks changing colors etc;;- found 3-4 going through at 15ft and lost one, 8;30 Judy got one, then nothing but 3-10 small perch going through the camea untill– 11pm caught a 11 1/2 incher, 10 minutes later 1-9 incher and a miss
    the i caught 3 more of witch 1 measured 12 1/4 inch,-; at 12;10,;- lights out at 1am and left 2 lines down to wake up Sunday morning to everything were we left it;;-we left the lake at 9an Sunday with 7 fish, no gators or eyes(never saw any)

the perch were around 3-4 inches and didnt bother us,, also Saturday we chased anything that showed up at 20-10 ft then back down to the bottom to chase them crappies, they werent aggressive and i blame that on 2 items,;;1 being that there was a clear sky and full moon, 2 its that time of the year that smaller lakes have very little oxyegen and the fish are slughish;;
    as far as moveing around the lake 4×4 is very easy to do but watch out there are springs out there, if your pulling a wheel house that trails different than you truck you better keep a little speed up
    all the crappie were on the slim side and they are just starting to produce eggs, the males havent even started yet, there wasnt much of anything in there stomachs and i saw very little limps, mud bugs etc in the water yet;- water clearness was 10-12 ft down;

it was a nice trip- Hi to everyone that stopped in and also a thank yous that fished there and left abosulty no garbage behind cause we checked as we left

jasono00
    cities

ive been hearing soon rumors about this lake just kinda want some more info on the lake is it all what im hearing this year or is somone pulling my leg ive heard alot of nice sized fish have been pulled out off this lake, anyone that fishes this lake and has info would really like to hear ?

russjudy
    Minnesota

each to there own, its got 18 inches of water on it now;; i gave my 2cents worth for a try run

jasono00
    cities

wow thats alot of water im thinking of heading up there on friday hope it will freeze back up, have you seeing anoyone on it since this thaw?

russjudy
    Minnesota

shoot me an e- and ill can give you names ,e’s and number
    he thinks it will be in good shape by this weekend, call him Friday, also cleats and rubber boots
    [email protected]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.