93sv ice bundle

• matthewkolden

Anyone use their 93sv or similar garmin gor ice fishing? Thinking of getting an ice bundle for mine and moving away from the old LX5. Just curious how well it performs.

Tlazer

I have the echomap 93sv with the lvs32 and use it for ice fishing. I really like it especially for finding crappies. Nice to be able to drill one hole and look out 100+ ft around you trying to find the school. With a flasher all you can do is look directly below you which can waste a lot of time finding fish.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I just purchased the ice bundle with the LV32 a couple of months ago and you can use it open water or ice fishing. Looking forward to using it this winter and the 93sv seems to be a good unit. touch screen which I have never had the pleasure of using is a nice option.

I thought I got a good deal but now the black friday deals are same as I paid.. .some are cheaper. Go for it if you can afford it you will not look back.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I got an ice bundle in 2020 and also use it in my boat. For ice fishing it cuts the time way down to locate fish. Unless I’m over a deep hole, I still fish them with a flasher.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I ran it for a while and ended up using it strictly for mapping. Then used my vexilar. I don’t have livescope but It worked awesome for mapping on my wheeler or in my truck. I liked jigging under the vex over the 2d on garmin. It also has ice mode but I didn’t care for that either.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

If you were looking for comments as far as if livescope is worth the money for ice fishing I would say for sure YES. It is a tool to find fish. Lot of people use it as a locating fish tool and then fish with their traditional flasher. I think that if you watch videos you will see how valuable a tool it is for ice fishing and open water for knowing what your looking at.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I ran it for a while and ended up using it strictly for mapping. Then used my vexilar. I don’t have livescope but It worked awesome for mapping on my wheeler or in my truck. I liked jigging under the vex over the 2d on garmin. It also has ice mode but I didn’t care for that either.

I find myself doing that with my Helix also. Everyone knocks the Vex but you don’t get that accuracy with anything else. If only they could figure out how to get mapping on it!

tswoboda

I find myself doing that with my Helix also. Everyone knocks the Vex but you don’t get that accuracy with anything else. If only they could figure out how to get mapping on it!

Same here. Not necessarily for the accuracy, I just love the simplicity of a vex. Zero fiddle factor, just turn and burn – one less thing to mess with.

bfishn

I ordered the large ice bundle with GT10 transducer yesterday to start using mine through the ice. I’ve been using the old trusty fl-18 for probably 20 years now so will be interesting to see how I like the graph. I’m sure I’ll probably still use the FL-18 when I’m hole hopping outside, but will bring the Garmin when I know I’m just gonna set up the house and sit.

I am certainly looking forward to not having to listen to the vex in the house anymore, kind of like switching from a sunflower heater to a buddy. I’m going to be sitting in peace now while I ice camp.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

With a flasher all you can do is look directly below you

WHAT ?????? How on earth is it only below you? Since the days of the the ole’ lowrance green box we’ve been turning the transducer on an angle and scanning 360 degrees around us to find schools of suspended fish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.