St.Criox eyecon jigging rap rod

• Minnesotakid

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with this rod. I’ve always used a medium fast action rod for using jigging raps but when they came out with the specific series of rods it kinda caught my eye. I see it’s a medium moderate fast action rod. Just wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with them.

LabDaddy1

I guess it makes sense to have a slower action rod for that type of lure, in medium or medium heavy power depending…
    My buddy bought an eyecon rod for slip bobbering smallies and it was pretty nice. Kind of spendy too.

A super cheap but decent quality rod is the berkley lightning rod. 7’0” medium power, moderate-fast action. They’re only forty bucks and sold all over. I also like them for long line trolling cranks and other hard baits. Not to mention they’re mush easier on your heart and conscience when you’re crawling on rip rap in the dark.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Guessing the slower action is for guys using braded line, with no stretch in the line the rod is taking up some of the action as not to rip the jig n rap out of the walleye mouth and get a good hook set.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.