April Walleye Fishing Reports

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

April should be an awesome month for walleye fishing, good luck, be safe and see you all on the water.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

well i sure hope the weather is a lot nicer than march. well i probably wont be out for a couple weeks, going to depere next 2 weekends and then a tournament on the wolf river. so good luck to everyone who makes it out.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Awesome day on the water today, pounded out a limit for the frying pan using 3/8 oz Zone R’s jigs by fin-tech tackle.

kv56
    Janesville

Nice job Jeff. Why do I work on the nice days How are things going up on the fox netman?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Well done Jeff. Looks like you are off with a bang this year.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

Kv56 well there was a ton of people and you pretty much needed minnows to catch fish, they wouldnt bite if you didnt have minnows, but the fish are there

kv56
    Janesville

I may head up there next weekend. Hope its not a minnow bite as will probably pull cranks. Might hop on the rock wed or thur.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Nice going, Jeff. I knew i should have gone fishing insteadof staying home to host my family visiting from Chi-town.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

How are things going up on the fox netman?

netmann14,

Yeah they wanted meat here to, this is the time of year for meat, no brainier – not enough detail about the Fox’s but really what we all want to know (HOW DID YOU DO?) your not saying much so we all assume you had a bad trip, any angler knows that all rivers in WI at this time will be packed with boats and shore anglers, it’s spring and the run is on – “now” tell us the tourney results from the Wolf river and what place did you take? How many boats entered and what was the winning weight.

Same netmann14 as last year, every once in a while brings in some fish, inconsistent

Just having fun, easy now – so any tourney results?

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Good job Jeff, it’s nice to see you’re on track already. I’m struggling with my in-laws boat. He’s got some electrical issues and I can’t pay to fix it this time. Between our trip to Florida and big cuts coming from Walker I’m tapped out. So I have an unreliable boat until Easter and then I’ll be boatless because he’s taking it back up north to fix and use since he unexpectedly retired early. So I haven’t hooked a fish and am off to a difficult start.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

well now jeff, the tourney is saturday the 16th so i will let you know how we do. but yes it was really slow with only a couple fish coming to the boat, i dont think the fish there enjoyed all the traffic on the river and that really slowed them down. but dan wants to go back up since he didnt get to go so we will see how this weekend goes.

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

What’s wrong with it Greg? Might be able to help…. know a little about motors
    Gonna hit the river Tuesday midday, prolly launch at Kmart. I really want to try upstream some, lots of river, has to be fish there just need to figure out where…and how, too Gets old playing bumper boats for a bunch of shortys and a couple legals, not looking to fill the freezer, would rather only catch a couple photo quality fish than a lot of little ones. Just takes time on the river I guess… at least thats what I tell the FW

z-man
    Dousman, WI

PDA. I played up-river from Kmart one Saturday afternoon early last year, mainly to get away from the crowds. Hardly any boats fishing there. Only got a few dinks, but was still fun exploring new water. good luck.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The motor is fine it’s the wiring that’s the problem. It’s all old and brittle. The wiring for the trolling motor is black from overheating. It all needs to be ripped out and redone. Then he’ll need three new batteries all for a boat he overpaid two grand on. I can see the future for that boat and need to step away before it turns into something I get burned with. The problem is I can’t jump into anything of my own again until I see what happens at work. I’m also waiting to hear on a promotion but that’s already been going on for four months now.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Anchor Inn Thursday night tourney tentative start date 4/21/11 at 4:30 to 7:30 the first couple weeks then back to 8:30

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

sounds good to me we’ll be there

kv56
    Janesville

works for me. As in the classic playoff quote this year “Can’t Wait”

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Databoy, could prolly help with the wires/wiring but you’ll still need batteries…. You know what they say about boats don’tcha?? A hole in the water to throw your $$$$ into..
    Gonna try upsteam Tuesday for sure, just gonna try and find some seams…. biggest issue will be anchoring, sure seems like the flow velocity is faster up in the shallower sections than down in the deeper areas…

prodrive-al
    Elkhorn, WI

Made it out Tuesday for my weekly dose of wind… Got to the river a little after 10am, was the 9th rig in the lot. Was a very slow day for fishing, tried 6 or 7 spots anchoring fishing current seams or what I thought were… it was tough reading the river when there were whitecaps on parts of it Donated some tackle to the river gods but not a bite… Did find 2 spots up river with 12′ to 14′ holes that I verticle jigged. I had something big and heavy on for a few seconds but got off when I switched hands, felt like a big cat.. missed a few short hits and landed a 14.75″ male walleye that made a mess of my measure board. Water temp was 43.6* to 44.0*F, level looked to be down 6″ from last week.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

High winds, high water and fast cuurents are not a good comination, but still would have gladly been there with ya, versus looking out the window at work wishing I was. thanks for the report.

kv56
    Janesville

Was out today 7:30 till about 12:30. Jigging brought about a 4 lb flathead and 1 17 inch walleye. Couple of junk fish as well. Water about 48 with what seemed like a slow flow. Didn’t see much of anything going on. Pulled cranks for a while, nothing. Other trollers didn’t seem to be connecting. Colder water in Newville about 43. Best part everything worked well with the boat, no emergency repairs for Thursday nights!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fished all day from Fort to Blackhawk with only two keepers which were milking males and five or six short males. Nothing on gulp or plastic all live bait. Saw a few other boat catch some keeper males and shorts. Water temp 48

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I did snag one fish with Gulp – lots of exposed hook there you know. It fell off when I tried to flip it in the boat. My keeper was on a twister/minnow combo. Tried crawlers and I couldn’t get my jig to the bottom
    Small white bass were stripping the bait as soon as it hit the water.Still haven’t seen a walleye over 20″ since last July.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Happy Birthday partner. I hope you have a great year!

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Well Happy Birthday Jeff

WeFish

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Happy B-Day Jeff ,you almost qualify as a geezer

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

happy b-day jeff. and i made it back to the fox for one last shot at a big one and got a 30 incher that was around 12 or 13 pounds at 5:40 on saturday morning

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Happy B-day Jeff.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

And ditto the above, Jeff. Here’s to ya

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thank you all

Netmann awesome fish congrads.

Caught three keepers today, fished from VFW to Newville. All milking male, dinner bells are ringing.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.