Robo Calls via TXT

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Starting to get a ton of robo txt messages. Caller not in contacts. Google search the number and it comes up as a Robo warning.

Apparently getting around the do not call list. If you reply, the scamming starts.

Just a heads up. Especially if you know elderly or vulnerable people, let them know not to reply!

-J.

JEREMY
    BP

I get a ton of texts and emails about amazon orders on an account I dont even have.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Saturday I received a text asking if I was working. The area code was 547 and they weren’t in my contacts so I didn’t reply.

I can’t imagine how the younger generation who needs to be liked by everybody can deal with these A$$HOLES. If you aren’t in my phone I’m not replying.

mojogunter

I get political texts every once in a while asking to take a pole by clicking a link. I respond with F+*# off and it says you have been removed. I doubt that does much. I also block the number, but I am sure they just change the number address.

Reef W

I can’t imagine how the younger generation who needs to be liked by everybody can deal with these A$$HOLES.

What a bizarre idea, younger people grew up with spam and aren’t the ones buying out Itunes gift cards to send to scammers. jester

CaptainMusky

I havent gotten a robo text YET, but I get calls all the time. I once had some random dude call me and said “I missed your call” I said I have no idea who you are and Ive been just sitting here playing candy crush. They mask the number with known good numbers too. So even if you think its someone you know, it may not be. Irritating.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i rarely get a text………but yea phone calls…….i let it ring if it doesnt come up with someone in my contacts……although i’m prone to answer it if it somes up with a 320 area code…….sometimes.

if its important enough they’ll leave a messsage!!

Sharon
    SE Metro

My thoughts as well. That’s why we have voicemail!

For robo texts it might be tempting and funny to mess with scammers, but it’s a good idea to simply ignore/block/delete. If you reply to spam messages that lets the scammers know your number is active and you’ll just end up getting more spam.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

My thoughts as well. That’s why we have voicemail!

For robo texts it might be tempting and funny to mess with scammers, but it’s a good idea to simply ignore/block/delete. If you reply to spam messages that lets the scammers know your number is active and you’ll just end up getting more spam.

This is good advice. Although I recently got an unsolicited text from a realtor asking if I was interested in selling my home, and I couldn’t help but send him a dr. evil GIF with a request for $100 billion. He did not respond.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I get the
    Loan Approval
    Covid payroll
    Student loan (never had one)
    Insurance
    DOT
    Angies list
    Political

I also get the same Robo calls/emails.

I block all the texts and emails I take the calls sometimes when I’m bored.
    I usually ask the guy if he likes goats, then he swears at me, calls me names and hangs up.
    I just then crack open another beer.

Sharon
    SE Metro

This is good advice. Although I recently got an unsolicited text from a realtor asking if I was interested in selling my home, and I couldn’t help but send him a dr. evil GIF with a request for $100 billion. He did not respond.

Well yeah that’s too hard not to pass up! jester jester

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.