Ice Fishing Dry Box

• Alex W
    Bangor, WI

What’s up guys? Just wondering what you guys all use for dry storage in your portables/sleds? I was looking at some duck hunting dry boxes but wanted to see if there was anything better. Additionally, what kinds of items do you guys bring with you on the ice besides the traditional accessories?

darkstar72
    Chicago Suburbs

This time of year all the ice videos I watch tend to blur-together.

I saw one that showed storing gear in coolers and putting those in your sled.

That way if you drive and drag your sled to wherever you fish your gear will be dry inside the cooler. They don’t have to be pretty, just tight-lidded.

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I just picked up a 56 quart Plano box at Fleet Farm for about $16.
    It fits nicely in my sled and if I want to add additional boxes they will fit just fine.

HERE

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

It fits nicely in my sled and if I want to add additional boxes they will fit just fine.

HERE

Nice! Fleet Farm always has good prices.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

One really versatile piece of equipment for me has been the Engel 30qt bait coolers. I have two that I use for extra boat dry storage/cooler in the summer as well as for large amounts of bait or for big sucker minnows or gizzard shad. It comes with an aerator and a hose port built into the cooler. In the winter it is a good size to keep clothes, cameras, sandwiches etc. dry in my Otter sleds. It’s no Yetti as far as keeping ice but it’s built well and the price is easier to swallow.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Peter Redin wrote:</div>

HERE

Nice! Fleet Farm always has good prices.

x2! I even work there and have been looking at those boxes for on the back of the 4wheeler for hunting and the sled or truck for fishing!

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

One really versatile piece of equipment for me has been the Engel 30qt bait coolers. I have two that I use for extra boat dry storage/cooler in the summer as well as for large amounts of bait or for big sucker minnows or gizzard shad. It comes with an aerator and a hose port built into the cooler. In the winter it is a good size to keep clothes, cameras, sandwiches etc. dry in my Otter sleds. It’s no Yetti as far as keeping ice but it’s built well and the price is easier to swallow.

I was looking at those Yetti’s at Gander last night… I just don’t think I could ever bring myself to spend that on a cooler. I do like your bait tank idea as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.