How many Master’s Fan’s on here. A little fun pool

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m not the Biggest Fan of watching golf on TV. That said I really enjoy watching the Masters coverage. To me it signals the start of the spring fishing season. For a little fun and Bragging rights, Lets do a masters pool. Pick your top 5 players, The total combined lowest finish totals wins. Maybe throw in a Long shot pick as well. Here’s mine:

Scottie Scheffler
    Jon Rahm
    Xander Schauffele
    Hideki Matsuyama
    Will Zalatoris

My long shot pick is Camaron Young

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Scheffler, Rahm, Koepka, Ludvig Aberg, and Wyndham Clark. Long shot is Tiger, heard he’s so committed he even gave up sex in preparation…not sure if that will help or hurt him tho! rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Tiger, heard he’s so committed he even gave up sex in preparation…not sure if that will help or hurt him tho!

I’d say that is a Long shot. Sure would be fun to see him play well though. The PGA could really use it right now. As far as the giving up sex, I heard that was only with his current girl friend, That leaves him plenty of other choices jester

ThunderLund78

Tiger played his best golf when he was gettin’ it six ways from Sunday, so I’m not sure giving it up is the best decision! jester

Love watching the master but will only probably catch phone updates this year – I’ll be in Maui! Most I’ll probably see is a highlight or two at the bar over the edge of my MaiTai glass.

orve4

Master is one of the best TV events of the year. It is even more compelling when tiger is in the conversation. Hoping he at least makes the cut is in conversation and making a push into Sunday.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tiger played his best golf when he was gettin’ it six ways from Sunday, so I’m not sure giving it up is the best decision! jester

Love watching the master but will only probably catch phone updates this year – I’ll be in Maui! Most I’ll probably see is a highlight or two at the bar over the edge of my MaiTai glass.

Hahaha exactly!

Remember the Masters will be half over when you are waking up, so you might just need to find a place to watch it that doesn’t impact the Mrs. sleep. I’m an early riser, wife isn’t, so I usually had a few hours each morning to do whatever.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ll be in Maui! Most I’ll probably see is a highlight or two at the bar over the edge of my MaiTai glass.

I’d trade watching the masters for that any day. Have a MaiTai for me. Love those things.

JoeMX1825
    MN

1) Cameron Smith
    2) Jon Rahm
    3) Scotty Scheffler
    4) Victor Hovland
    5) Dustin Johnson

Long Shot= Sergio Garcia

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

1) Cameron Smith
    2) Jon Rahm
    3) Scotty Scheffler
    4) Victor Hovland
    5) Dustin Johnson

Long Shot= Sergio Garcia

Solid picks. I would really like to see Hovland do well, but he’s been really struggling so far this year. Hopefully he gets his game back on track at Augusta.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    1) Cameron Smith
    2) Jon Rahm
    3) Scotty Scheffler
    4) Victor Hovland
    5) Dustin Johnson

Long Shot= Sergio Garcia

Solid picks. I would really like to see Hovland do well, but he’s been really struggling so far this year. Hopefully he gets his game back on track at Augusta.

as a fellow Lefty, i’d like to see Bubba do well and almost picked him as my long shot…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looking forward to the Par 3 tourney on Wed. Always fun to see the players relaxing and having their family’s out there on the course with them. Fun to see some of the Kids out playing around and taking shots or putts.

big_g
    Isle, MN

1. wyndham clark
    2. jon rahm
    3. scottie scheffler
    4. xander schaufele
    5. brooks koepka

long shot hideki matsuyama (I didn’t check out the odds so)

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

1. wyndham clark
    2. jon rahm
    3. scottie scheffler
    4. xander schaufele
    5. brooks koepka

long shot hideki matsuyama (I didn’t check out the odds so)

Right now based on Vegas odds Clark is a longer shot than Matsuyama.
    Matsuyama is at +1800
    Clark is at +2500

big_g
    Isle, MN

again, never looked ! I just think he is saving himself for the Masters !!! (probably not abstaining from sex though) doah

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Masters is my favorite by far too.

I’ll take Scheffler, Shaufele, Spieth, Zalatoris, and Finau, and Woods as my long shot

toast

dirtywater

Scheffler
    Xander
    Finau
    Rahm
    Rory

Long shot Bhatia because lefties have magic at Augusta and he’s coming off a big W in San Antonio.

Xander is the guy I will be rooting for. Tiger is always a story but this year would be truly shocking to see him compete.

big_g
    Isle, MN

compete or even complete. crazy

dirtywater

compete or even complete. crazy

True. I’d say making the cut and finishing 72 would be an accomplishment for Woods this year. And I’d rather see him miss the cut entirely then make it and then WD on Saturday or Sunday.

CaptainMusky

Golf is always better when Tiger is relevant so I really hope he makes the cut and it would be fun for him to be in contention. The crowds just go nuts when he is playing well. The Masters is about the only major he has a shot at winning anymore.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Scottie
    Rahm
    Harman
    Clark
    Hovland

Long shot – Phil

wkw

And think of the money generated when Tiger is in the field.

wkw

They could pay him $ 10 million just to show up and still come out ahead. Who knows, maybe they already are.

wkw

Scottie
    Rory
    Clark
    Hovland
    somebody nobody has ever heard of

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Here’s mine

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0887-scaled.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Scottie
    Rory
    Clark
    Hovland
    somebody nobody has ever heard of

WKW – Throw a 5th name in your lineup

big_g
    Isle, MN

Here we go !! My 2 most productive days of the year !

Attachments:
    1. F24CC513-7BD0-447E-B64A-D60D46E128EB-scaled.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Was looking forward to catch some Golf and BassMasters Coverage this morning. The masters start was delayed and the Bassmasters day 1 was canceled. Looking forward to catching the Masters coverage highlights this evening.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looks like we have 9 Members who wanted in on the Bragging rights contest. Good luck to all on your picks.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

FYI there are some cool live feeds on ESPN + if you happen to have it

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.