Household standing rule.

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Doesn’t every household have a standing rule? “If you have someone else do a job and it isn’t done to your liking, you cannot complain. You can 1. Do it yourself next time. Or 2. Just be happy and thankful (quietly) that it is done.” Who’s with me?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

To many kids around my house so complaining is the standing rule.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I think the only rule in my house is Mom is always right.

And Dad does not like changing full diapers.

fishingdad

The standing rule at my house is. If momma ain’t happy ain’t nobody happy. If papa ain’t happy ain’t nobody care.

CJ

My wife has made alot of rules for our household. Unfortunately, she never tells me these rules until I have broken them, therefore I am always in trouble. Wouldn’t want it any other way though.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

There’s a difference of done to my liking, and done right. If it ain’t done right then no the person should be shown how to do it right. “Something worth doing is worth doing right”. If they are so sensitive to become offended on why its wrong that leads down a road of a whole lot of other headaches.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Thats why its just easiest to not have kids. I mean they never listen, cost a lot of money, and all you do is worry about what theyre doing and where. I dont understand why so many people choose to have them. I guess most kids born these days are all accidents from stupid teenagers that dont know how to wrap their own tool. Some people need to be castrated.

Without emoticons I’m not sure if this is sarcasm or a lonely man justifying his boring life…..

wannaplay

I feel badly for you, not knowing the pleasure children bring into your life.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

My wife has made alot of rules for our household. Unfortunately, she never tells me these rules until I have broken them, therefore I am always in trouble. Wouldn’t want it any other way though.

Been married just over a year and I hear ya! I keep looking for the rule book. Maybe it’s with the book on how to read her mind?:)

CJ

Thats why its just easiest to not have kids. I mean they never listen, cost a lot of money, and all you do is worry about what theyre doing and where. I dont understand why so many people choose to have them. I guess most kids born these days are all accidents from stupid teenagers that dont know how to wrap their own tool. Some people need to be castrated.

This doesn’t sound like sarcasm, but I’ve been wrong once before. If not, that’s one of the most idiotic posts I’ve ever seen on this site. The fact that you don’t have kids is a blessing to this world.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I used to think life without kids was happy. I even get a glint of jealousy when I hang out with our friends who don’t have kids and aren’t planning on ever having them.

However my sons are my world. I would kill for them. I would die for them. I think it takes being a parent to understand that.

esox23

I used to think life without kids was happy. I even get a glint of jealousy when I hang out with our friends who don’t have kids and aren’t planning on ever having them.

However my sons are my world. I would kill for them. I would die for them. I think it takes being a parent to understand that.

No truer words – excellent post.

Standing rule around my house? I’m sure there are I just have yet to be filled in until I have violated said rules. LOL

procor
    Mounds View, MN

“Happy wife, happy life” is what I am told. I respond with “Happy dad, happy pad”…but it gets shot down quickly.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I must be a jerk to live with, from my kids view point! Since they were babies I’ve drilled in their heads that lack of common sense will always double the punishment as it is not tolerated and a poor excuse. Right along with that was anything they do must be done to the best of their ability. I don’t care if its building a house or brushing their teeth, doing something by the most minimal standards is a pathetic waste of time and an embarrassment to themselves.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

No Randy you’re not the only one with that rule, I’ve always insisted do your best win or loose!
    Stan

Sharon
    SE Metro

The cook doesn’t do the dishes. That’s been a standing rule for many, many years. And since my husband is the chef (I once screwed up boxed mashed potatoes…) I guess that means I’m cleaning up. Luckily Billy’s a great husband and installed a dishwasher for me. )

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

That’s supposed to be the rule. Cooks don’t clean.

In my house that’s a grey area rule. It should be hard and fast. At the cabin that is how it is.

CJ

Thats real funny, Mr. Hunke. You all were just talking about how every kid is a blessing to this so called “great world”. How is it a blessing that I dont have a kid? If they were all actually a blessing, you should wish that I have a few of those little brats.

Because kids that have a father or mother that have your views on this world usually end up completely screwed up. I’m glad for the child that you aren’t a parent. It would deserve much better than you.

jc3363
    LaCrosse,WI

You can tell me what to do, or how to do it but not both.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.