Concert fees

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been to alot of shows in my time but I was just about to pull the trigger on a upcoming whiskey meyers show, the kid really wants to go and tickets are 107 each, after fees my total was 327. My damn, that’s the price of a third ticket in just fees. Pretty crazy. Is there a way to buy tickets with 0 fees besides a scalper

deertracker

I’ve tried multiple sales sites and they all have those crazy fees. Haven’t been to a show in a while because of it.
    DT

FinnyDinDin

Only if you can buy them at a local box office which is almost non-existent these days. Ticket fees are ridiculous. I go to a lot of shows and it pizzes me off every time.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s what happens when you have a monopoly. Because of these prices, I simply can’t bring myself to go to a concert at any large venue. I won’t attend a stadium concert if the tickets were free.

As far as I know, there’s literally no other option. Sports events like the Wild you can open an account with the team and buy tickets though them with a tiny fee, but concerts I don’t think there’s a way to avoid it.

B-man

Did you try booking through the band’s website directly? Sometimes it’s better pricing depending on which agency they hire it out to.

Cody Meyers

I don’t think there is a way to avoid fees. It drives me crazy and I almost exclusively go to smaller club shows. Which by the way isn’t any better, the fees are just smaller because of the lower ticket cost.

The cost of a monopoly selling tix like somebody said above.

munchy
    NULL

TICKPICK.COM

No fees, 100% upfront with pricing.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There was a thing on the news this weekend that the Feds are after Rock Nation who owns Ticketmaster. Apparently voters don’t like being ripped off. Who Knew? laugh

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

TICKPICK.COM

Hell yeah buddy. Got 2 tickets for under 200. Thank you

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Wife paid $500 for x2 tickets in prime position for the Stapleton concert.

It’s disgusting what they cost, but we had family/friends who wanted to buy them from us for even more if we chose not to go.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

It is crazy where ticket prices have gone, especially factoring in the fees. Maybe I’m just becoming a grumpy old man early, but $500-1000 for my FW and I at a few hour concert is just crazy to me.

CaptainMusky

Yeah they are going after ticketmaster after the whole Taylor Swift fiasco a year or so ago. Its led by Amy Klobuchar

Sylvanboat

I thought Biden said he was going to take of this kind of thing.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Well son, you can go to a concert for 2 hours or buy a new gun…
    That is how I handle things of the sort.
    Plenty of small fish to see at town festivals that are pretty darn good also if it is about that particular experience.
    Offer a substitute that has higher dividends.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am going to Little River and 3 Dog in July HERE… very reasonable and a nice setting !

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well son, you can go to a concert for 2 hours or buy a new gun…
    That is how I handle things of the sort.
    Plenty of small fish to see at town festivals that are pretty darn good also if it is about that particular experience.
    Offer a substitute that has higher dividends.

Well we ain’t getting any guns for 200 bucks, and offering him a different band at a small town festival is pretty pointless, being he asked to go see whiskey meyers. I can’t just say well son the whiskey meyers show is spendy so here’s a Bob Dylan cover band instead lol.
    It all worked out, I got the tickets at a reasonable price of 86 bucks a piece with no fees and after tax was less then 200. Worked out because whiskey meyers puts on one hell of a great show.
    As for wasting money on dumb things I don’t do that often, but this is a surprise birthday gift for him and I want to go to the show just as bad as he does.

Seeing stapleton for 500 a ticket would make me puke. I can’t get in to that.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^$250 each and $500 total…but yes crazy. I had to drink quite a few $11 mediocre beers to help me forget that with parking, dinner, drinks, and a hotel room it was well over a $1000 night. smash

Stapleton is awesome though. I think this was my 3rd time seeing him. He and Eric Church are about the only big name concerts I’ll agree to tag along with my wife to see. If it’s anyone else, I tell her to get a hotel room and take a few of her friends.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It seems like the price of concert tickets is something everybody complains about while they are online buying concert tickets at record prices. It reminds me of the old Yogi Berra line about a popular New York restaurant: “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”

It’s like the price of new boats, every year somebody says the end is nigh because these prices can’t be sustained. And then we talk about how that just must be correct until the boat shows introduce higher prices on the new models. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It’s almost as if people have money they feel that they can spend on fun and they just want to spend it. Go figure.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It seems like the price of concert tickets is something everybody complains about while they are online buying concert tickets at record prices. It reminds me of the old Yogi Berra line about a popular New York restaurant: “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”

It’s like the price of new boats, every year somebody says the end is nigh because these prices can’t be sustained. And then we talk about how that just must be correct until the boat shows introduce higher prices on the new models. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It’s almost as if people have money they feel that they can spend on fun and they just want to spend it. Go figure.

Never said the tickets were bad, it’s the fees I complained about. Which brought me to this post, then some one gave me a way to escape the fees and I saved 127 bucks. That’s a win. Go figure

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>
    TICKPICK.COM

Hell yeah buddy. Got 2 tickets for under 200. Thank you

waytogo

Bartman

Went on line to order two comedy show tickets from Ticketmaster. The tickets were listed at $25 each. The final price for two tickets was $78. That’s a 50% fee…. nuts.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m going to see Micheal Martin Murphy at the Dakota in Mpls. Tickets were $52 each, 4 with fees were $290.

MX1825

Just like pricing a motel room. Price listed $129 a night. By the time fees, taxes, etc. are added you’re paying $190 a night. doah

topshotta

Lack of transparency, overrun by scalpers, tickets have become a huge gong show. DOJ is finally stepping up, hope they take on more corporations and address the rampant price gouging and monopolization that has flourished for 40+ years. Thanks Diamond Joe and the US Senate

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.