36v MX 1825

• clawman
    Spokane Wa

Anybody running a 36v trolling motor on a MX 1825? My question is battery storage, can you fit 4 batteries in the compartment?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Not trying to say you shouldn’t put in a 36v system, but I don’t think that’s necessary.
    I’ve been running a 24v system with an 80lb thrust Minn Kota I-pilot all year on my MX-2025 and I rely heavily on my bow mount trolling motor. So far, no issues what-so-ever and we’ve been out on some pretty windy days.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Anybody running a 36v trolling motor on a MX 1825? My question is battery storage, can you fit 4 batteries in the compartment?

Here’s a previous thread on getting a 36 V troller in an MX 1825. The short of it is, it can be done >>> http://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/skeeter_1261184/

I’m not one to tell another man what he does or doesn’t need but from my experiences fishing in an MX 1825 the 24 V system had more than enough power based on some long days on the water in tough conditions. But either way, based on input from Eric at Skeeter Boat Center, it can be done if you want to go that route.

Zach H

Not saying you shouldn’t do it either, but I have a 24 volt motor on my MX and I have never thought once that I should upgrade. It has had all the power that I would ever need fishing for 10 hours in some pretty undesired conditions. Just out off curiosity, what is the reason your looking at going 36 volt? Maybe there is a certain situation that you would need more power but I haven’t ran into one yet in the 2 seasons I have ran my boat.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

We have yet to rig a 1825 with a 36v system. It can be done, just a little adjusting and time consuming to extend wires and such.
    Like others have said I havent had anyone say they wanted to upgrade to a 36v after running the 24v.
    It can be done though.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Just an FYI. I had a 36v system in my WX1850 and I loved it. Never regretted that decision for one second. A guy can never have to much power.

My rationale was because I fished Pools 4 and 5 in the spring with heavy flow, high water, and heavy winds.

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

I would personally stick to the 24V system and invest your money elsewhere.

Keeps excess weight out of the boat as well.

No problem slow trolling (0.7-1.2) with the bow mount for hours on Lake Michigan (don’t have my kicker yet) with I-pilot on high continuously.

What batteries are you currently running?

pale ryder
    NULL

I will be mounting a 36 volt Terrova on the MX 1825, that I just got today. )
    Thanks Justin and Skeeter Boat Center, you are a pleasure to do business with !!

The reason for the 36 volt is mainly that I already have it and once you get used to the extra power it is hard to go back.
    In my opinion not making the battery storage area for four batteries is the only mistake Skeeter made on a near perfect design of the 1825.

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

Thanks Justin and Skeeter Boat Center, you are a pleasure to do business with !!

Congrats on the new MX ‘ranger’! Post your photos on the ‘Let’s see your Skeeter Page’ when you can!

Changing screen names now? applause

pale ryder
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ranger618vs wrote:</div>

Congrats on the new MX ‘ranger’! Post your photos on the ‘Let’s see your Skeeter Page’ when you can!

Changing screen names now? applause

I did post a pic, the white with blue one. I think it is the post right before yours.

I don’t know yet if I’ll change my name.

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

AWESOME color scheme Ranger!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.