Next Version of Livescope release…

• JoeMX1825
    MN

as I’ve suspected and suggested for awhile now, Youtuber Alex Timm posted a video mentioning he spoke with a Garmin Rep and asked when the next version of Livescope will be released and the Garmin rep hinted they already have the next version ready to release, but there’s no reason for releasing it right now because the competition (Humminbird & Lowrance) can’t even compete with the current LVS34 (LVS34 is no different than the gen 1 LVS32, it just has larger crystals)… but as soon as they release their next version, Garmin will trump them and immediately release their new tech that’s better… so the wait continues (likely somebody will release new FFS at ICast in July)

This clip starts at the 14 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvsBxyNlf4

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Hopefully it is compatible with the UHDs they have been phasing out. I’ve kinda been holding off on the 34 to see if they came out with any updates or a new version.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I cant even imagine what will be next, and also what the price tag would be

isu22andy

I doubt a sales rep has that much inside info personally. Believe it when I see it . FFS is going to need it’s own sub forum here soon lol

JoeMX1825
    MN

I would imagine they will somehow integrate the GLS10 into the transducer and it will require the added horsepower the newer UHD2 and above units have…just a guess… and yes, it will likely be alot more expensive…

I’m really speculating here, but based on the patents they filed a few years ago, Livescope 2.0 will likely have a fish tracking system that works in tandem with a transducer turning system, so you mark a fish on screen and the transducer turret rotates to keep it in the cone angle…They will also likely include much better/larger crystals in the transducer face allowing greater resolution of objects on screen…

There were some videos a few years back (I posted them here in this Garmin channel) of LiveImaging technology that’s used by Oil Rig companies to monitor their rigs in the ocean. Obviously the size/scale/price of this tech was not feasible for consumers, but that’s a glimpse of where consumer LiveImaging technology is going towards…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I doubt a sales rep has that much inside info personally. Believe it when I see it . FFS is going to need it’s own sub forum here soon lol

it’s not like its some big secret, Garmin has had the same tech out for 6 years, its more than overdue for a cycle update (Covid likely threw a wrench in the original 2.0 release timing) and the competitions newer products (Megalive) aren’t as good yet…The LVS34 was nothing more than larger crystals in the transducer casing, same tech…

A good example that Garmin is just playing with Humminbird and Lowrance was when MegaLive was released and one of their best selling features was the reduced clutter on screen vs Livescope, Garmin then released a software update a few months later (Color Limit feature) that basically mimics MegaLive’s clean background…

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I will start stretching now for when the new version and price is released.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I will start stretching now for when the new version and price is released.

The good news is that the current LVS34 system will likely get very cheap…watch for the $200 LVS34 rebate to start popping up…that’s always a good sign new tech is coming…

mnfisherman18

I will likely buy into a FFS system this fall. I dont doubt Garmin will top whatever Humminbird comes out with, but I am curious what Mega Live 2.0 looks like. They better launch it soon, they are rapidly losing market share to Garmin.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.