old posts

• grizz234
    Coal Valley, Ill.

Why are old posts not deleted. I was several of your forums, there are fishing posts that are 4-6 years old. What good is a fishing post older than 6 months.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Well… to me, lots of good. The more I learn about fishing, the outdoors, or “life lessons” that are shared on IDO, the more I realize that I don’t know much and have a lot of learning to do. I often am using the search function to look up previous topics, discussions, reports, ideas, etc.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Actually I went back and read my trip reports from 1 and 2 years ago for the same week/lake. Good from both a nostalgia and understanding why results were different.

munchy
    NULL

What good is a fishing post older than 6 months.

What good is a fishing post older than 30 seconds?! Seriously conditions change so fast that fishing report is outdated before you click “post”.

Why does it matter if they are deleted or not? Its not like they are taking up space on some bulletin board somewhere. The amount of bytes they take up on a hard drive is minimal compared to the information they may present regarding tactics, equipment, and techniques.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Most information is set to repeat each year. Most questions can be answered by reviewing old posts.

If you want to know what was working in October last year look at last year’s October posts. It’ll probably work this year under the same conditions… After all it is the same fish year after year

It is getting rare to see a fishing topic covered that hasn’t been covered before.

You could delete sports and politics posts a moment after they are created and it wouldn’t bother me… They’re not informational, they are just an open gymnasium full of adolescents picking on each other.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I review old post all the time. There is so much good information why would you want to lose it.

Most information is set to repeat each year. Most questions can be answered by reviewing old posts.

And this is very true.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

You could delete sports and politics posts a moment after they are created and it wouldn’t bother me… They’re not informational, they are just an open gymnasium full of adolescents picking on each other.

So it is…but as an adolescent, picking on each other in an open gymnasium was far and away more fun than sitting in the classroom. There are times for serious study, sure. But myself like many others…we still look forward and make the most of recess (playtime) too. I always make sure to laugh at myself before laughing at anyone else.

Regarding going back and reviewing old posts, I wish more here practiced that as I’ve seen the same question(s) asked over and over again…sometimes within a days of each other.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

But myself like many others…we still look forward and make the most of recess (playtime) too

I know it is exactly what is to be expected of those topics. But it doesn’t stop there.

It is easy to notice hard feelings are created on the playground and they bleed into the non sports and non policies threads…or the classroom.

I simply have a hard time conversing offer topics regarding opinions only, that is the introvert engineer in me.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, except crabs… That’ll follow you back )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hope you learned that in a classroom FBRM. shock

Fishwater83

I’ve been reading posts on here from 12 years ago and older for the last week in preparations for my trip to RR/LOTW tomorrow. Lots of info that doesn’t get shared more than once.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What good is a fishing post older than 6 months.

With that philosophy, what good is a fishing post older than 24 hours? Every time I react to a good fishing report everyone there says “shoulda been here yesterday”.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I agree, delete older posts. It only confuses me when I try to decide which is better between Marcum and Vexilar. whistling

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.