Humminbird Down Imaging’s first trip to Pool 4

• jhalfen

I’ve been running Down Imaging for the past couple of days down here on the river. Here are a few images to enjoy. I’ll have more to say about these next week, once I get out of the boat and back to the office.

PS Look for some video of Down Imaging and Side Imaging in action next week too

jhalfen

Here’s a few more, and I’ll be adding more tomorrow as well.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Awesome Jason, thanks for that. I was going to post and ask about all the clutter on the 2-D “standard sonar”, but I see that you are experiencing it as well. That makes me believe it’s simply the way Humminbirds 2-D works.

I do switch to my 83 kH transducer when I’m trolling, that seems to give me better definition and less clutter.

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Man those are neat. I need one!

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

It will be very interesting to use on some of the lakes near to us that have incredible submerged structure. Must be nice to have an early version…

Also wishing I wouldn’t have put my boat away, man this weather is awesome… doh!

micah-witham
    Richfield

here’s my question, the down imaging seems 100% easier to read, why would a guy ever use side imaging anymore if you’ve got this feature?

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Nice lookin shots Jason! Im thinking I would like to be fishing in the areas of pics 3,4,& 5 at that moment! Keep up the good work. I should be out huntin them areas down next Fri. Later

jhalfen

More coming soon….just have to download them to the PC. Jig stealing trees, piles of crappies, closing dams….lots of interesting stuff!

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

Sitting at the hotel in NE IA. Just patiently awaiting something new to come up. I just bought about 60 new cranks & think im going to my room to become a paint Dr. A person needs to find something to do when away from home. Allmost forgot to ask how was the weekend bite with your FIL?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

here’s my question, the down imaging seems 100% easier to read, why would a guy ever use side imaging anymore if you’ve got this feature?

Because you can’t down image off to the side, silly.

jhalfen

A few more Down Imaging pics from Sunday.

I’ll have a LOT to say about these screen captures once I get caught up at the office.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Great work, may I ask what your speed settings were? I’m still fighting with mine.

whittsend

Quote:

Great work, may I ask what your speed settings were? I’m still fighting with mine.

I’m guessing pretty slow (1-2 setting) in most pictures, considering that SOG was anywere from very slow to nearly stalled. Most are under 1 mph, many closer to 0.2mph.

whittsend

Quote:

Take a look at these images (or others like it)… Look at how much more information you get with the SI… So much more to see out to the sides!!

I hope you don’t mind me reposting your images, Jason. You’ve got so many great images, it was just easier to repost them vs trying to explain which one I am talking about.

BTW, I love the DI shots of the dropoffs, wingies, and sand “dunes”. Awesome!!! (especially when you combine it with the SI info.)

Great stuff, thanks Jason!!

jhalfen

Quote:

My chart speeds ranged from 1-3. 1 when pulling 3-ways between 0.6 and 1 mph, and increasing towards 3 as my speed increased.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

When using the Down Imaging do you still have the choice of 200 and 83 KH?

jhalfen

Down Imaging is done with 455 kHz.

whittsend

Jason –

The SI is done with 455 and 800. (I haven’t experimented much with the 800 and/or haven’t needed to).

Is the DI switchable to 800 khz, or is it only useable at 455? If it is switchable, would there be any benefit to going to the 800 khz? Any different viewing results for the angler?

I’m assuming it is 455 only per your last post, but thought I would check.

Mike

KirtH
    Lakeville

Jason

Maybe I missed it, what do you think shading/white dont want to call it clutter is on the DI shots?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.