Monster cat caught yesterday on P4

• lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Story and pic posted in BrianK’s catfish pic forum..it was a real brute.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Linky<<

Now, where did I put the jigging rod?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Cograts Dave!!!

Quote:

Dave, Darrell and Mitch fished Pool 4 yesterday and ended up hooking into this monster cat. Dave was the lucky guy to have a 30 minute fight on his hands but in the end his 6# braid held and Darrell hoisted the brute into the boat. You can tell from the expression on Darrell’s face this thing was heavy. Darrell regularily tosses 50# feed bags around and said this cat was far heavier than those feed bags. He estimated the cat’s weight at 60-70#. It was Dave’s overall PB fish (for size). They had slow fishing for walleyes and sauger but did manage limits, though most went back.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

that thing is a pig, no question about that! But 60-70lbs?…

would need to have measurements to verify that… that fish looks low to mid 40’s at most.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice Flathead Dave,
    Awesome,
    Jack

palolo

Very Nice
    I want live by P4

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Agreed. Not 60 lbs. Nice specimen however

Muskeeze

60-70 all day

who knows maybe even 80 huh

do they even bite in the winter

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Very Nice
    I want live by P4

Me too and I can fish,cook and sing!

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Nice flat! He’s a high 40s flathead

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Well guys, we’ll never know for sure what the big Flat weighed at that point in time, nor will we know its length or girth. Even though many of you jumped down my throat with “better” weight estimates, I’d say they are less accurate than a sack of feed. I’ve learned my lesson about mentioning anything about details on all future fish posts with pictures, I have now been trained. You guys can do the guessing.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Well guys, we’ll never know for sure what the big Flat weighed at that point in time, nor will we know its length or girth. Even though many of you jumped down my throat with “better” weight estimates, I’d say they are less accurate than a sack of feed. I’ve learned my lesson about mentioning anything about details on all future fish posts with pictures, I have now been trained. You guys can do the guessing.

there is no question that fish is BIG. and it is trophy size!

It just isn’t 60-70 lbs, that is all some of us were saying. I can’t speak for everyone else, but I was not trying to discredit that fish in anyway, just trying to relay some information, that is all.

I would love to catch one that size every time i go out chasing them in the summer!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.