Marsh-Miller Lake Chippewa County

• b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Anyone ever fish this lake? I will be heading there for the weekend and I am trying to figure out what I all need to bring.

I hear it is quite the pan fish lake, and there are also some monster northerns… So in this hot weather what would you do? Bobber fish, Cast?? Around here in the hot weather the northern fishing is great is it the same in the lakes?

Its not to often I go fish where there are not any walleyes! So its a hole new ball game to me..

Any info will help

Thanks

jhalfen

Brian, there isn’t a lot of really deep water in Marsh Miller. You’ll be fising weeds, timber, and the old river channel that runs from N to S through the lake.

MM is well known for pannnies, LMB and pike. Two resorts/bars on the lake which is nice when hunger/thirst strikes.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Just a note on the timber Jason is talking about….GO SLOW alot of the timber you will not see but you will definitely feel it!

laxfishin

If you fish the north shore look out for sunken logs but fish them with a wire hook and minnow under a bobber while drifting. On the southeast shore near where the channel runs you can get big bluegills this time of year after searching for awhile of drifting and using 1″ chunks of nightcrawler. This lake is very good for panfish. Good Luck..

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

You need to take an extra prop!!

As someone said above, you can’t see alot of the stumps, but you can hit them, and in deeper water than you think, so be careful.

We caught panfish on bobbers at any time of the day and in most parts of the lake. We found our best fish on the South end near the dam.

Caught some decent bass at the other end up by one of the resorts.

Eveyone told me there were alot of northerns, but we hardly caught any.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Thanks Guys!!

I thankfully am not taking my boat, I heard it was a stump feild… We will be pontooning it!

I will fill ya in when I get back.

jhalfen

Marsh Miller is in a fun area….if you’re looking for an alternative, I’ve always liked Cornell Lake (just down the road from MM) for LMB, pike, and crappies. Nice clear lake with very distinct weedlines and very good depth. And, of course, MM is a hop, skip and jump from great walleye and smallmouth fishing on Wissota.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Well I dont have a very exciting report but we did have a great time out on the lake! The sunnies kept us buy all day Saturday! Tons of action

If you make it in the area make sure you stop in the Hoves Cedar Bay Resort!! Good Food and Drinks.. And Super Nice People

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.